GH5 LCD off when attaching viewfinder magnifier

manueldomes

So I got the GH5 today and have started fiddling around with it. One thing I noticed is that when attaching the Kinotehnik viewfinder which I bought for it (via the magnetic frame), the LCD screen turns off. I have changed settings to low sensitivity for eye sensor, and assigned FN5 with "MON", but there is no change when I press it. I have also tried switching off touch function with no effect. Oddly enough, when the viewfinder is slightly mismatched but already attached to the frame, the LCD still works, but when I slide it all the way to the left to sit flush, the screen turns off and switches to EVF and I can't change it back. I'm sure this is a glitch or I'm missing out on something, I hope I won't need to send in the camera. 

Pointers (and testers) appreciated!

/update: this behaviour does not appear when the viewfinder is flipped to the side and the magnifier is attached. I can switch through the modes using FN5 fine and the screen doesn't go black when attaching the magnifier. This isn't really a workable solution though since the weight of the attached magnifier makes it impossible to maintain the position and it might be too much of a strain for the viewfinder mechanism. So something is definitely odd here.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No takers? :o

In the absence of someone pointing me to the obvious or a quick fix from Panasonic, I'd probably have to take off the magnetic frame and re-attach it a millimeter or two to the right where the magnifier seems to cause no issues. But I'd rather avoid that...

Happy to report that moving the frame one millimeter to the right (so that there is a tiny gap on the left side of the magnetic frame) did indeed the trick. Still not sure what's causing this glitch but I guess for anyone using a viewfinder attachment it's good to be aware of this.