Buying advice - Under exposing GH2 with hack and EF adapter

rj

I want to buy a GH2 and I have a couple questions. I thought this was the best place to ask.

How does the codec with hack installed react to under exposing? Is there noticeable compression macroblocking like the 5DMKII and how is the detail resolving in the underexposed areas?

I own 16-35L, 50 1.4 and 85 1.8 Canon EF lenses, which adapter do I need to control the aperture electronically?

Thanks for reading this.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
Underexposing on the GH2 is not recommended unless you are going for a silhouette or rich tones in a sky or in a sunset. In low light it is better to boost the ISO than to under expose at a lower ISO. The codec does not handle the lows that great compared to other DSLRs, and all CMOS sensors show more fixed pattern noise when the signal is lower... i.e. exposure, amount of light entering the sensor.

Hope that helps.  :)