Panasonic Lumix G7 questions

Alphonzo Alegrado

The few posts I've made on the forum were always about the NX1. Sadly, due to difficulty in getting a good enough price for it in Hong Kong as well as it not being available in the Philippines, I may not be able to get it. 

I'm inching closer and closer towards the G7 now which seems to be the best option for what I'm looking for in a camera under $1,400. I do have some questions regarding the G7:

~ I read that firmware updates are very frequent on the NX1 and GH4. Can the same thing be said for the G7 and have they been significant improvements? (Also, can AF be improved via firmware update?)

~ How is the dynamic range on the G7?

~ Finally, this may be an unrelated point, but I'd rather ask now that make another topic entirely: How does a LUT work? Are they essentially filters for your video? And for anyone familiar with the Small HD 501 & 502, how do the LUTs work there when recording? 

Thank you in advance! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs