Thought Some Might Get A Kick Out Of This Picture

Caleb Genheimer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

those red clamps are crap and that tokina doublet will soften the image it is not necessary.

john barlow has already scientifically destroyed the tokina myth with math and nasa physics.

tokinas sharpness has been proven to be all in your mind.

get a refund you have been conned : )

and do not reply by saying nasa is a fraud.

ok 

buzz lightyear and lance armstrong did not go to the moon but that simple fact does not provide evidence that they do not udderstand science and the laws of quantum mechanicals.

@Caleb

Since SuperHate Tony has dropped my name into the hat, you might well indeed consider a refund and here is why:

Many Kowas/Sankors have a small lens hood that can be unscrewed anti-clockwise revealing a standard filter thread. For example in the Kowa/Sankor 16c, its 52mm x 0,75mm.

So all you really really needed was a $2 step ring.........

oi barlow no don't say that...

i only sell 1 filter clamp a month as it is..
my bank managers gonna be real upset with you.
no holiday to the maldives for me in 2013.

damn i will have to find some other fiendish con to bankrupt struggling film makers.
for your information the very nice man caleb and i traded goods like in der olden times we never dealt with nasty evil cash

I THINK YOU WILL ALSO FIND MY FILTER CLAMPS ARE A LITTLE MORE ROBUST THAN THE 4 DOLLAR VID ATLANTIC STEP RING YOU MENTION.

most people do not feel i am a super hate kind of guy i can be very nice to people that are nice to me.
i am a little reactive is alls.
mental yes
terrible speller yup yep.
unstable at times absolutely.
inability to deal with ass holes for sure i am guilty : )

john you should sell those step rings and undercut vidatlantic you could make a million to go into your nasa anamorphic projects : )

Well, I've found the Tokina to retain image sharpness. I don't know about the image improvement that some credit it with, but one thing is for sure, it doesn't make anything drastically worse, and that's saying something because many of the cheaper diopters available certainly do make things worse. Also, it is a low power diopter, which is less common and far more useful.

As for the front clamp business, I'd rather not go fiddling taking my lens apart to find these alleged threads. It is in very good condition, and the RedStan clamp is working just fine. I always do my research before buying anything, and I did no small amount before putting together this anamorphic setup. The RedStan rear clamp is absolute top quality as far as I am concerned. It is solid anodized aluminum machined to a precise fit with excellent threads and sturdy plastic lock screws that do not scratch my anamorphic. The front clamp is much the same, although it is a tad more bulky than need be, perhaps. 

I have been using this setup for half a year, and have recently completed a 30 minute short film shot entirely with the Kowa, Tokina diopter and Redstan clamps, not to mention many shorter videos. 

At the time of purchase, I emailed RedStan directly (I believe I found his email on the RedStan site), and I ended up trading RedStan for the package deal (Tokina and RedStan clamps). RedStan was courteous, prompt to reply and eager to work out a mutually beneficial deal. It is difficult to calculate precisely what I paid for this setup because it was a trade of goods, but there was no way with the exchange rate that I would have been able to afford the USD $300+ price of all these parts. Obviously I'm thankful and happy that RedStan was willing to cut me a deal, because I love anamorphic shooting and will never go back.