Short Narrative film "Treat Him Right"

cparente10

So I made this during a summer program in Montreal a few months ago, I'd like to get some feeback from people who care about making movies. What worked for you, what didn't work. After I get some responses I'll go more in depth about what the process was like for making it. If you have trouble playing it, go to the vimeo desicription, I have links to lower quality videos that work if your computer isn't that great.

https://vimeo.com/49578769

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I enjoyed the film. It was an interesting scenario and your actors fit the part.

Here is some critique that I hope you will find to be useful:
[list]
[*]AUDIO: It seemed like there were some synching issues and I had some difficulty hearing the characters over the music, which I thought was too driving for the scene.
[*]It looks like you were able to shoot in an actual diner, or at least you fooled me if you didn't. I thought that it was too bad that you shot it so soft. It looked like a colorful background. I would have liked to have seen more of it. At least for an establishing shot.
[*]I know that you were trying to convey the passage of time by showing the art on the walls but it did not work for me. This was the part of the film that needed to show the transformation of the kid.
[*]The actors were glistening! Make sure to have somebody standing by with some powder next time.
[/list]
I hope that this helps. Keep up the good work!