HELP! Aligning LA7200 on my GH2 w/14mm pancake

mrleonard

I have the 14mm pancake and step up/down rings to attach LA7200 to myGH2. BUT...how do I make sure the LA7200 is properly aligned? ANy suggestion how I can "lock" it at that position, as right now I have to loosen/unscrew the stepring to make it align...but keeping it there is a problem. I have camera mounted on a simple/cheap hand grip.
I suppose if I use a rail system that would help solve the issue... I am new to DSLR video...I have been shooting stills all my life, and I am quite learned in many facets ... both the creative and the gear. One thing that irks me a bit is that "cine" gear seems quite expensive and there doesn't seem to be many cheap options like we see in traditional stills photography. It would be wonderful if there were more cheap alternatives and DIY fixes . Much like strobist shows cheap alternatives. This would be helpful, as even a small rig can cost as much as a gh2 body alone, and for some of us that want to explore video, but just for fun, this becomes quite prohibitive.

If you can help me or better yet, post for all some LA7200 cheap rigging ideas (and for other anamorphics) that would be VERY helpful.
Have a great day!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs