Canon C300 Price

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
$15,999.

Seems about right.  If - I have not tried it - it competes against a Red Scarlet, the Red is about the same with everything you need for it as well.

The trouble is that like a lot of products from all the big brands - Canon, Panasonic, Sony - it is crippled with what it probably could be capable of shooting for its price point.  The lack of a more robust color space is frustrating (though I do admit to liking the sample videos I have seen).  This means that it is unlikely that the 1DX will top if for quality and I doubt any Canon 5D MK3 will either.

Sony do the same thing by limiting bit rates and color except in their highest models (F3 and beyond).

Does Fuji care about video?

The one company that has nothing to fear about cannibalizing "higher end camera / camcorder products" is Nikon.  They could go all out and have a $6k D4 that gives video shooters everything they desire....but did they?  Why are D4 4:2:2 raw samples not available?  I fear that their dependency on Sony for sensors might limit what they are capable of (even with their own tweaks) video wise. 

[quote author=Sara link=topic=186.msg1352#msg1352 date=1326825540]
The one company that has nothing to fear about cannibalizing "higher end camera / camcorder products" is Nikon.  They could go all out and have a $6k D4 that gives video shooters everything they desire....but did they?  Why are D4 4:2:2 raw samples not available?  I fear that their dependency on Sony for sensors might limit what they are capable of (even with their own tweaks) video wise.
[/quote]

Canon is making one.