Metabones EOS Mark II mount adapter for Sony NEX, FS100 E-Mount review

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[url="http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/metabones2.jpg"][img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/metabones2.jpg[/img][/url]

Metabones EOS E-Mount Mark II (left) and the Mark I (right)

The newly updated Metabones EOS E-Mount adapter arrived at EOSHD HQ recently and it improves pretty significantly on the first generation adapter, which I'm using at the moment on the FS100 as the default lens mount.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
This is great news, except I just bought the Metabones Version 1 a few weeks ago. Might just have to buy the V2 and use the V1 as a backup. The only major problem I've noticed on the V1 is it crops the Bokeh on when shooting at f1.8 or below. I believe it's because of the small square hole. I think the round hole in V2 should fix that. I haven't noticed sensor reflections yet, but I will keep an eye out for it. Had the FS700 for a few weeks now and it's a great camera. Fixes some of the main problems of the FS100: Better highlights, no red / color issue and less sensor reflections. Overall, a very solid camera and with some tweaks on the Cinegamma, a great look out of the camera. The stock factory settings are not good and make the camera look really video and cheap, but dig a little deeper and tweak the Cinegammas and you are rewarded.

I just received my version 2 Adaptor and am very disappointed. Ive been sitting here trying lens after lens and NONE of them are recognized which means I have no Iris control, which means its useless to me at this point. Canon EF24-105, 70-200, 17-55, 28mm 1.8, Tokina 11-16… none working. I really wish this company had a flippin phone number i could call!!!

:(

Yeah, I think you got a faulty unit Paully. A larger majority of people are having good luck with it, including myself.

If you are in the USA, I know Birnes and Sawyer in Los Angeles sells a lot of them regularly. I would rather buy from them because I live in the USA, specially in LA, so if I have a problem I can quickly get it switched out as opposed to mailing it back to China and waiting several weeks.