Hello Andrew, I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work with EOSHD…I have been following for years and this is my first response on the forum.
Hi every one!
I hope in some way this is useful for the community, as I did a quick test of the ”EOSHD Pro Color Premium Bundle”.
If everything attaches properly you will see comparison shots of:
PP OFF_Sony Neutral
PP 1_EOSHD Pro LOG Cinema
PP 2_EOSHD Pro LOG S
PP 3_EOSHD LOG
PP 4_EOSHD Pro Color Original
PP 5_EOSHD Color XR
• “Balanced” and “WideDR2” are the EOSHD Pro LUTs that are applied to Cinema / LOG S / LOG (no other adjustments).
• “CC1” refers to slight final adjustments of exposure and contrast to more closely match the comparisons (no specific change of color or saturation in the post process).
• The post process was done in Adobe Premiere with Lumetri Color panels
• I doubled checked all settings and did a custom white balance of 5100K (no other adjustments)
• Some shots where slightly over or under exposed, but I wanted to maintain ISO (800 / 3200) and aperture settings.
Lights that where used for the shoot:
Key Light - Aputure LS 1 (5500K 40% Power)
Hairlight - Aputure AL-528W (Default Daylight 50% Power)
Fill - Silver Bounce (40Inch)
FYI…I have never used Sony’s built in Creative Styles or Picture Profiles since owning the camera, and realized after the fact that “Neutral” is actually close to a graded style. In hind sight, I am thinking I should have used “Standard” instead for the comparison.
I am very excited about the color of "EOSHD Pro LOG Cinema" and the freedom to move away from 3200 ISO, not sure how much loss in dynamic range there is but I will keep testing.
I apologies in advance if I have in any way misrepresented the ”EOSHD Pro Color Premium Bundle” in this test and I am open to any constructive criticism.