Jump to content

Fixing, or disposing of a braindead Sony A7II


ElGatito
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

I bought a Sony A7II some times ago, and it suddenly stopped booting up. Turning it "on" only made some shutter noise, and nothing. 

I sent it for repairs, and was told it's unfixable. No idea which part is actually broken.

I then tried to open it up, and nothing is obviously broken; i also tried "talking" to the board through usb with a pc, but it's not detected as a camera or as mass storage or anything. The best i could do with it, is that by putting a battery in the orange charging led would light up.

I'm pretty much at peace with it being dead, but it's still kinda sad: Is there someone with a broken-everything except the mainboard who would be willing to sell me their part, or the reverse? I'm willing to sell for barely more than postage the entire thing. 

Alternatively, are there more diagnostic things i could try ? 

 

Anyhow

Thanks for the answers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • EOSHD Pro Color 5 for All Sony cameras
    EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
    EOSHD Dynamic Range Enhancer for H.264/H.265
×
×
  • Create New...