LX100 or NX500 for 4k homevideo? need advice on sw and hw

chandr

Dear experts.

I really need a good advice on the camera choice. In fact I already have Panasonic LX100 and can easily do simple editing of 4k H.264 video on my macbook retina 15 (in FCX). More or less it's good, and I can edit and play my mp4 files from my laptop to TV or projector. However, I am also a photo shooter and thinking about Samsung NX500 as a better all-in-one option for me (especially with its interchangeable lenses etc). I've almost ordered it, but  got stuck with H.265 question. Is there any "normal" way to edit and play H.265 files on a "normal" laptop? Mac or Win is not a question to me, I use both. But I don't want to build a special huge PC to edit, and I also don't like that on Mac I should convert H.265 to 10 times heavier files to edit. "All" I need is just to make some minor editing, like cut and merge files into one (H.265) file and just play it on a 4K TV or projector (which is 1080p but 4k looks much better on it anyway). Is there a Win laptop that can handle my needs easily?  I like that h.265 takes 50% size compared to H.264, but is it manageable at all for a non-pros?

Thanks in advance

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

If you don't mind the converting time, there are applications that take the nx500 files and turn them into files just like the ones from the lx100, then you edit from there. 

NX500 is a bit more complicated, in fact the whole interchangeable lens arena is more complicated than the point&shoot concept of the lx100. If you want ultimate quality, have a passiom for image making, want to discover the world of lenses, go ahead with the nx500. If you're not interested and just trying to grab moments, LX100 is perfect,