Sony HDMI output and the case of the waxy skin

dishe

Waiting for my A7s ii and a Shogun to arrive... This thread mentions several cameras. But does anyone know if this HDMI issue still includes the A7S ii after the latest FW update? One of my main purposes for getting the Shogun is to be able to shoot long interviews and concerts with the A7s ii just streaming the HDMI in "idle" mode to the Shogun. I hope I don't need to bother with internal recording -  in order just to prevent this "waxy skin" issue. 

Jacob

I have not confirmed anything on the Sii, but I'd guess if they fixed it on the A7S, the 2 should have it shipped without the bug in the current firmware. Still, feel free to click the link above to join the Sony community and click "me too" to make sure they know how you feel about this bug's existence. :)

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Jacob- did your A7sii and Shogun arrive? I'm pretty sure the bug won't appear since they fixed it in the A7s i already, but I would love to hear some confirmation that Sony isn't up to their old tricks still.

I'm still upset that none of their APS-C cameras are fixed. I wanted a little B-cam to my A7s for multicam setups, but if I have to wait for the next generation of cameras I'll be pretty peeved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so the A7sii and A7Rii have been out for long enough that someone here must have tried it, right? Can anyone please confirm whether or not you can keep skin smoothing off while using only the hdmi out to record?

I'm also going to be interested in seeing whether or not the upcoming A6300 has it. Since the A7S was addressed, I'd like to assume they won't have this bug going forward, but I'd really love to get some confirmation. All I have is an A7s and an A5100 and A6000 at the moment.