sanveer

There was this thread, regarding what people were looking for, in the GH3 (which, incidentally, I cannot find, anymore).

People asked for everything, from built in stabilizers, to a complimentary date with Megan Fox. Everything, except, everything realistic.

Anyways,I just read the review of the new Panasonic DMC FZ200. It has an insane f2.8 25mm to 600mm lens (though I am curious to know, why they don't have a lens for the GH2 or GH3, which does the same). Apart from this, it does the equivalent of 720p @ 120 fps. I am guessing, that, probably, the GH3 will do 120 fps, as well. Though, I wish, it does it at Full HD.

I guess, the next few weeks of Camera from the Panasonic stables will be a hint of the features on the Flagship GH3.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
That thread is still here http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/794-the-panasonic-gh3-product-suggestions-for-panasonic

FZ200 - constant F2.8 is very impressive for 25-600mm on a bridge camera. I have tried the very long 30x optical zoom lens on the small chip HX200 from Sony and that is actually a very cool tool, loved shooting at extreme telephoto with it. At 30x it also gives you a very 'DSLR feel' with a shallow depth of field despite the small sensor, and that is at F5.6 not F2.8 so I can only imagine the FZ200 will be even cooler.

720p at 120fps will also be a reason for getting the FZ200. Really is will be an amazing shot grabber for telephoto slow mo.

Good to see that Sony and Panasonic are still pushing even if Canon isn't. Had a go of their bridge camera today and it was SO poor. Zero AF ability, rubbish screen, poor build, awful grip (I almost dropped it the first time I picked it up, it really is shocking) and signs of major cost cutting throughout.

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1342899631' post='14275']
Good to see that Sony and Panasonic are still pushing even if Canon isn't. Had a go of their bridge camera today and it was SO poor. Zero AF ability, rubbish screen, poor build, awful grip (I almost dropped it the first time I picked it up, it really is shocking) and signs of major cost cutting throughout.
[/quote]

I totally agree. I think what Canon is doing is out of all reason...
The 650d is another example of that: it has still the major issues concerning imagequality than its predecessors...

• Administrators
They've gone profit mad. 550D, 600D, 7D, 60D, 650D, G1X and probably EOS M too. That is a lot of cameras based around one 3 year old sensor. OK the G1X gives it a trim and the 650D gives it some phase detect pixels - oh great. By the way with the 18-55mm kit lens, I just cannot see what benefit the phase detect AF sensels on the 650D's CMOS give. AF was just as crappy as before when I tried it out. Whilst D5100 was nailing it, albeit not quickly, the 650D was failing altogether and doing lots of REALLY SLOW HUNTING. Build is also really really dodgy and I am not just talking about the whitening rubber issue. There was wear on the side of the ISO button too, and the whole thing felt a notch down from the 600D with a lower grade of plastic. I know Canon have had a difficult time recently as have all Japanese companies with the faltering global economy, strong Yen and major issues with natural disasters but for Canon to be dropping the ball big time like they seem to be doing is just completely unacceptable.

Sony, Canon relased lots of new equipment... but Panasonic is sleeping? We're waiting for new model of AF100 and GH2... Of course they relased AC130/AC160 and 250 models - good cameras... now we heard about G5... G5 have improved details, but possible no full manual modes...

I like the waiting... but i need good GH3 and AF200? - for me AF100 with GH2 sensor and firmware will be good enought ;) (of course with minimum 4:2:2 HD-SDI output... ;) )

I haven't heard or read this anywhere, but, since the GH2 DOES have amazing autofocus, for video, I thought they could come up with some great developments, in terms of software. One of the problems, that a lotta "Old Timers" have complained about, regarding the GH2, especially with the Panasonic lenses, is that, the picture is TOO SHARP, for video, in AutoFocus. And, sharp not in terms of detail, or colour, or contrast, but in terms of Focus. So, i wish Panasonic would introduce more functions, for Video Focus, like, perhaps setting, like 'Very Sharp', 'Sharp', 'Soft', 'Very Soft' and 'Only Bokehs', for FOCUS. Since depth of field can already be manipulated, by reducing or increasing, the Focus Area, that is, I feel, already, very well, taken care of.

• 3 weeks later...
Panasonic are seriously weather-sealing their cameras. In every way possible. Now whether he GH3 is the beneficiary of such kind of weather-sealing, or some later model, that, will soon be seen.

Check this:

[url="http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/09/panasonic-preps-sd-cards-that-survive-heat-water-and-x-rays/"]http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/09/panasonic-preps-sd-cards-that-survive-heat-water-and-x-rays/[/url]

Hahaha ... So true. With this kind of card, he is sure to have everything.

Also, if the camera is even 50% as well weather-sealed as the Card, then, one can safely let it fall to the bottom of the ocean, and not worry about losing anything.