Problem with GH2 lately

filipeG

In the patch vault it says: "Just after recording, a clip will not playback in-camera. If you reboot the camera and enter playback mode, all clips will playback just fine. This is normal behavior of the hacked GH2 and not a bug in the patch."

This problem is only consistent with certain hacks. I've used hacks that not had this problem.

Since I have my hacked GH2 running the latest official firmware that some problems start occurring. Sometimes the image freezes and continues.. Sometimes there are gray frames. I don't understand, but I have never encountered so many problems since I started using the latest firmware hacked. I'll probably go to 1.0 again, since I never had problems with that one.

Have any of you had problems with the hacked latest firmware?

For me it ruined one short-film, and one videoclip.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
What card are you using bro? :).

I went ahead and bought the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64/95 when i got mine... i knew i would go through several patches to find the right one. I use the newest firmware and none of the patches i've used have had the issues you have had. Aside from some sort of internal hardware difference, i can't think of anything other than either a faulty unit, or a card that isn't up to the job.

I know they're expensive, but if you're doing paid gigs, go big or go home man:). Unless you already have that card, of course. Then you're camera could be f--ked.. Lol

I encountered this kind of problems too. The problem was solved when I changed to a quality card. If you hack you camera and use a card of minor quality i'll have problems to manage the high bitrates of the hacked gh2 and produces errors.

I think that its the card, although it's one original Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gb 95mB/s.

Sometimes the camera says that the card isn't reading.

And yesterday I was filming a videoclip and changed to an Sandisk 8gb Pro at 20 mB/s and the problems disappeared.

My card was expensive has hell. If the problem is the card, I'll be very angry!!