I cannot afford single focus lens, so DIY...

ken

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I see,

Very complex thing. Need perfect distance with rear attachment and prime to the front one or astigmatism comes as hell.

There are other way: Fix the taking lens to the rear ANA and make a mechanism that the block move in-out of the camera. This is how anamorphic Lomo primes works.

Still very complex because the taking lens only need move a few mm from the sensor (Lomo´s focus ring have a pin that make this little move to the spherical block), and the cylindrical rear lens need move too much. 

good luck

I see,

Very complex thing. Need perfect distance with rear attachment and prime to the front one or astigmatism comes as hell.

There are other way: Fix the taking lens to the rear ANA and make a mechanism that the block move in-out of the camera. This is how anamorphic Lomo primes works.

Still very complex because the taking lens only need move a few mm from the sensor (Lomo´s focus ring have a pin that make this little move to the spherical block), and the cylindrical rear lens need move too much. 

good luck

This way is suitable for FF system.  For most of anamorphic lens on FF, around 100mm is best focal length without vignetting.  And 100mm's prime lens focusing moving distance is about 10~15mm, basically equals to anamorphic lens moving distance from 1.5m to infinity.  Also only external focus lens can be used.  The advance internal focus lens cannot.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:45 AM, MrSharon said:

hello, could anyone help me to understand the rear lens make and model. the front lens i know it is schneider Cinelux .

and the rear lens , should i move with auto focus? 

I believe it's an ISCO projection lens. They usually don't have an aperture control so you're gonna have to shoot wide open. You can make a simply whole grab adapter to use it with a Chinese helicoid to focus.

are these the isco's that need an allen key on the front of the lens for adjustment ? because thats a total pita. 

i vaguely remember looking at one, years ago and thinking as desperate as i was for an anamorphic, i could wait for something better to come along.