Can the RX100IV replace the AX1000?

TSV

My first 4K Camera was the AX1000 in its 60Mbps version (before they released the 100Mbps firmware). I loved it and had good time with it, but the GH4 with the correct lenses made better/sharper videos and then I sold the AX1000. However I realised that in some cases (following a crowd during an event) the GH4 AF was a pain where the AX1000 never failed me.  I was about to purchase another AX1000 when I realised that the RX100IV was a really capable camera that I can always carry and mount on my Came-TV single (unlike the AX1000) when following people... 

But the question remain, does the RX100IV offer an AX1000 like experience in terms of AF or better than the GH4? Is the RX100IV 4K will be at least as good as the AX1000?

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Better than GH4 for sure... But forget the RX100IV, go instead for RX10II, best bang for the buck :-)

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

Well, the RX10II cost as much as the AX1000 and it is as bulky as the GH4...  What will make the RX10II superior to the AX1000 beside the S-Log? Better AF like Handycam experience? 

I have the AX100 and RX10 II, the AF on the RX10 IMO is not up to the standard of the AX100, I have had problems with hunting etc, with the AX100 it's pretty much bang on all the time, I rely on AF as I am crap with manual focus and the eyesight aint so good nowadays, just my opinion

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

Well, the RX10II cost as much as the AX1000 and it is as bulky as the GH4...  What will make the RX10II superior to the AX1000 beside the S-Log? Better AF like Handycam experience? 

I don't shoot with the AX100 so I'd take the report from the previous poster as a good hint.

:-)