Canon XC10 C-Log Samples for Download

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

Thnx for 

THNX for uploading! I did buy the camera meanwhile anyways :-)... Been shooting a run and gun job the last few days with it and I really like it. For my kind of work this camera is great. The formfactor is A+ the IBIS is great (even greater in HD) and the Color and Log matches the quality of my 1DC. Must admit, that it felt as if this camera will be used A LOT by me for paid work in the next few years. 

I can imagine it being a great pair to the 1dc. They should really complement one another. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

well the 1DC is clearly a detailed image without oversharpening, but I don't know about the xc10. I attached a picture which is too compressed to make any conclusions... hope it settles the discussion once and for all - but no, someone should really confirm whether that video was all just user error or not.. several really disappointing image issues

This might not be much of a test but at least its the same settings and same distance.
Click for high res.

Panasonic 4K, Standard PP, f5.6, 1/50, ISO800.
gh4.md.jpg

Canon 4K, Standard PP, f5.6, 1/59, ISO800.
xc10.md.jpg

• 9 months later...
On September 23, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Franz Schuier said:

Oh and the HD is great BTW. Same league quality wise as my C100 (if you shot log). 

Sorry, I know this was an old comment, but is the HD downsampled internally from 4k like the C100?

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Sorry, I know this was an old comment, but is the HD downsampled internally from 4k like the C100?

Yes, if this what you mean: (from https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/camcorders/professional/xc10)

"The advanced CMOS sensor uses Over-Sampling HD Processing for 1920x1080 capture, the same high-image-quality signal-processing system used by the high-end Canon EOS C500 4K Cinema camera." 

New firmware improves HD low-light a bit, as well as AF.

7 minutes ago, KrisAK said:

Yes, if this what you mean: (from https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/camcorders/professional/xc10)

"The advanced CMOS sensor uses Over-Sampling HD Processing for 1920x1080 capture, the same high-image-quality signal-processing system used by the high-end Canon EOS C500 4K Cinema camera." 

New firmware improves HD low-light a bit, as well as AF.

Thanks. Good to know. This camera just keeps impressing me. I found a small C Log clip online and it was a joy to grade with a lot of info lurking around.