jacoblewis

Is Samsung shutting down their camera business?

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, Marco Tecno said:

Where on ebay? I can't find decent deals on nx1/500 since several weeks.

You wanna buy mine ? Im getting an a7sii. Was gonna keep both bodies but i'll give you a good deal for the nx1 w/ 4 batteries a grip and a bunch of novoflex mounts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am also selling an NX1 + S kit/pro lens + battery grip + extra batteries + lens filter + ND filter, but haven't posted yet. Excellent condition. (Inspect in person if you want -- Brooklyn NY pick up early June or can meet in Berlin, Amsterdam, or London the second half of June. Otherwise will ship. Msg me)

So I noticed a large temporary building was set-up in a parking lot near my place in downtown Vancouver that is called #galaxylife. It was a marketing campaign for their phones, watches and gear VR.

Anyways I went in there to check it out and just for shits I ask two different people it if they had any cameras on display while making a hand gesture as it I were holding a DSLR. They both gave me the exact same response word for word "We dont have any cameras but we are demonstrating the enhanced features of the new galaxy S7 edge. it has XX megapix and now has full control over the camera settings just like a DSLR".

I know this is not relevant at all because the booth was definitely all about phones but still, I thought I would share with you guys anyways.

32 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Which editors these days support H.265?

Adobe premiere cc & I think davinci resolve does as well

@MountneerMan would be cool if they came out with a whole new line of cameras but at the same time i think they pissed off too many people to sell any bodies LOL

12 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Both do now? Damn, so now is the perfect timing for another H.265 camera to be launched... but that won't happen :( :-/

Yeah man looks like everyone is passing on it. The world is still stuck on h.264 ?

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah man looks like everyone is passing on it. The world is still stuck on h.264 ?

I'm guessing it's because the patent pool that "owns" H.265 got really greedy with the licensing terms. Way more expensive and lacking the exceptions that helped make H.264 so popular. It doesn't help that the main benefit of H.265 vs H.264 is at extremely low bitrates. The difference is less noticeable at the high bitrates people want in cameras.

Hopefully one of the various patent-free alternatives will reach feature and performance parity soon so companies can start moving to the next generation without paying an arm and a leg.

12 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

So I noticed a large temporary building was set-up in a parking lot near my place in downtown Vancouver that is called #galaxylife. It was a marketing campaign for their phones, watches and gear VR.

Anyways I went in there to check it out and just for shits I ask two different people it if they had any cameras on display while making a hand gesture as it I were holding a DSLR. They both gave me the exact same response word for word "We dont have any cameras but we are demonstrating the enhanced features of the new galaxy S7 edge. it has XX megapix and now has full control over the camera settings just like a DSLR".

I know this is not relevant at all because the booth was definitely all about phones but still, I thought I would share with you guys anyways.

Unfortunately they are behind the average customer, the mass market, and not the niche one. The NX1 was and is an outstanding product, which for me will be used for years to come, especially if someone could do an intelligent speedbooster adapter to canon and/or nikon lenses. I don't see a reason for buying into another system, since I want both stills and video, I'm not ready to spend more than 4-5k on the whole system (including lenses) and I still think NX1 is vastly superior to the present APSC competitors (A6300, X-T2, D500) and m4/3 ones (GX8, GX85, GH4).

3 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

Unfortunately they are behind the average customer, the mass market, and not the niche one. The NX1 was and is an outstanding product, which for me will be used for years to come, especially if someone could do an intelligent speedbooster adapter to canon and/or nikon lenses. I don't see a reason for buying into another system, since I want both stills and video, I'm not ready to spend more than 4-5k on the whole system (including lenses) and I still think NX1 is vastly superior to the present APSC competitors (A6300, X-T2, D500) and m4/3 ones (GX8, GX85, GH4).

There's one reason to switch system: low light and NR. The worst from the NX1.

24 minutes ago, sandro said:

There's one reason to switch system: low light and NR. The worst from the NX1.

But then you're also trading : ergonomics, autofocus, detail, colors, etc...

And besides the only serious contender personally I think would be the A7S II which is 3 times the price also...

Just now, neosushi said:

But then you're also trading : ergonomics, autofocus, detail, colors, etc...

And besides the only serious contender personally I think would be the A7S II which is 3 times the price also...

A6300 is much better in low light and noise from what I've seen. NX1 3200ISO starts be unusable...