jacoblewis

Is Samsung shutting down their camera business?

I've been reading the forums for months and keeping my eye on NX1 hack development and now I'm ready to buy one.

Any idea where to buy the Samsung NX1 camera in Europe? A few months ago I could find some below 1000€, but now I can't find any at all. 

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, sandro said:

They just updated the Samsung Camera Manager app on the Play Store (I suppose Marshmallow support) so I guess they're still alive in some way...

Do NOT update to that version. It doesn't work and will break your existing version.

4 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

The latest vs of camera manager seems a way to stop ppl from using it completely. Next step will be a fw update bricking the cameras...as soon as the warranty expires.

This might be the truth!

26 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

So there's no way to get the remote control app anymore?

Download the APK from here and install it manually using your Android device's File Explorer.

http://apk-dl.com/samsung-camera-manager-inst

After you install it, DO NOT Update to the latest version or it will stop working.  In fact, just turn off the Auto Update.

4 hours ago, SuperSet said:

Download the APK from here and install it manually using your Android device's File Explorer.

http://apk-dl.com/samsung-camera-manager-inst

After you install it, DO NOT Update to the latest version or it will stop working.  In fact, just turn off the Auto Update.

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded in case I update by accident

9 hours ago, BaZa said:

Sorry for asking again. But any idea where to get this camera, Samsung NX1, at good price in Europe? Very very very hard to find any at stock.

Funnily enough, my local John Lewis store in Cardiff still seem to have them in stock. I think it was about £1100 for the body. They also had the 16-50mm lens but I can't remember the price of that.

EDIT: It seems that Park Cameras also have them and a bit cheaper… http://tinyurl.com/hhtuauu

On 11/05/2016 at 8:48 AM, norliss said:

Funnily enough, my local John Lewis store in Cardiff still seem to have them in stock. I think it was about £1100 for the body. They also had the 16-50mm lens but I can't remember the price of that.

EDIT: It seems that Park Cameras also have them and a bit cheaper… http://tinyurl.com/hhtuauu

On 10/05/2016 at 0:48 AM, The Chris said:

Ebay

It seems so and I didn't know that one or could find it trough google. I'll wait impatiently for a good deal.

4 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

Where on ebay? I can't find decent deals on nx1/500 since several weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=samsung+nx1&_sop=15

if you look at completed listings, bodies are below $800. A recent kit with the 16-50s, grip and so on sold for $1499. Don't know what you consider a decent deal, but that looks pretty good. 

15 hours ago, BaZa said:

But that's on USA not in europe. And yes, bodies below 800€ would be a good deal, but very hard to find in Europe.

Is it difficult to buy from the U.S.? I've shipped stuff to Europe, buyers contacted me and offered to cover all shipping costs. It's a bit more of a hassle with customs forms, but not much. They pulled out of Europe first, presumably that was its worst region. It's still for sale in Korea, perhaps check there or something like Amazon Japan?

Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to this when I was in Hong Kong & Singapore late last year but I'm *reasonably* sure I saw it in one place for a price that translated to about £600GBP! Not sure if that was standard but I think it was pretty low-priced everywhere in those two places.

Kind of makes me wish it was on my radar back then as I could have bagged a bargain :confused:

Who wants to buy my NX1 ? ?

Just kidding ! I suggest you buy the camera now because as stock gets low and people figure out the image is great (especially with hack) Prices will go way up. The same way canon fd glass prices went up when mirrorless (sony a7) exploded into the market. You cant even sell an nx1 if you wanted too right now, best time to buy low people are getting desperate trying to sell their nx1 on ebay