jacoblewis

Is Samsung shutting down their camera business?

I think there will be no announcement. As kidzrevil said... annoucemenet that Sasmung ends with camera business would affect their stocks. So they will silently go away and still keep saying that they are not quitting...

I think I agree on that. If there would be a tech deal with someone else (Nikon) there might have at least been a press release (continuining strengthen cooperation, brand, tradtions bla bla...) to try to persuade Samsung customers using their tech in another brands products. So it looks more like they are quitting or hibernating.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What stock? :p Everything is going out of stock more or less.

Don't you have anything better to do? It's not a matter of life or death. If they shut down their camera business, so be it. Who cares?

What about you? Don't you have something better to do than post useless replies?

What stock? :p Everything is going out of stock more or less.

What about you? Don't you have something better to do than post useless replies?

stock as in STOCK MARKET

I may be wrong, but I think nx1 will disappear, rather than reaching those ridicolous prices.

Of course, if a similar price is reached, I'll get a second body FOR SURE.

Now Digitec who had the NX1 body for 629 Chf (it went up to 699 Chf again in the last days) doesn't list it anymore in Switzerland. I guess you're right, it'll just disappear from vendors before prices drop too low.

Now Digitec who had the NX1 body for 629 Chf (it went up to 699 Chf again in the last days) doesn't list it anymore in Switzerland. I guess you're right, it'll just disappear from vendors before prices drop too low.

used... there will be plenty to be found.  And lenses will be cheap since the system is defunct. Watch and see. 

used... there will be plenty to be found.  And lenses will be cheap since the system is defunct. Watch and see. 

waiting for the lens prices to drop for sure

Most lenses are already quite cheap so I imagine stuff like the 45 1.8 or 16-50 PZ will stay in the 100-150€ range. But yes, I guess everyone waits for S lenses to drop in price.

What a pity that rumored 24mm 1.4 S never came. With the 24 1.4 and 85 1.4 I'd have been set for my photography needs.

waiting for the lens prices to drop for sure

You can try this http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3947758  + http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3950915 

Guys here bought new Samsung lenses as "spare part" but price is much lower - eg. 16-50mm f/2-2.8 - cost only $650 ( http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-AD97-23876A.aspx )

You can try this http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3947758  + http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3950915 

Guys here bought new Samsung lenses as "spare part" but price is much lower - eg. 16-50mm f/2-2.8 - cost only $650 ( http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-AD97-23876A.aspx )

Oh. wow. Was today testing the NX1 at the store, but those prices will probably really drop the system pricing.

Oh. wow. Was today testing the NX1 at the store, but those prices will probably really drop the system pricing.

It seems that everyone could always buy new NX lens as "spare part" for fraction of original resellers price...

there is still quite a bit of stock from what I am seeing.

we are talking about their stocks on the stock market plumetting in lieu of the announcement of the end of their line of cameras. Not their physical stock of cameras :-)

nah I don't think thats a good way to test. That's more of a hunch than a test. What you're saying sounds good in theory but totally lacks validity until the d5 gets released for review and/or you acquire one yourself. Im happy to say the people in this forum TEST before they jump to conclusions. Let's not change that now.

I'm not buying a D5 to "test" it, because I don't care. Other people have tested it and posted their results. It is pretty obvious from the pictures that is the case.

You could differ if you care to, but your dissention is based on no information whereas my opinion is based on real information.

I'm not buying a D5 to "test" it, because I don't care. Other people have tested it and posted their results. It is pretty obvious from the pictures that is the case.

You could differ if you care to, but your dissention is based on no information whereas my opinion is based on real information.

whatever dude show me the $. All you have are words and someone else's "test" from a prototype. You were pretty adamant about your "findings" now you don't care when called out about it. Typical forum loud mouth, carry on

I think I agree on that. If there would be a tech deal with someone else (Nikon) there might have at least been a press release (continuining strengthen cooperation, brand, tradtions bla bla...) to try to persuade Samsung customers using their tech in another brands products. So it looks more like they are quitting or hibernating.

No, if there is an announcement like that it would be wound into a product release, until then they would say nothing because announcing a collaboration like that is essentially providing the competition with a free heads up. Businesses generally do not want to do that and typically will say nothing unless they are legally obligated to do so.

whatever dude show me the $. All you have are words and someone else's "test" from a prototype. You were pretty adamant about your "findings" now you don't care when called out about it. Typical forum loud mouth, carry on

This is the D5 shot in moonlight using a 24 mm lens at F1.4 at 1/30 sec at ISO 51200:

http://oleliodden.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/537_9158.jpg

For the a7sII, again shot in moonlight using a 35mm lens at F1.4 at 1/60 sec at ISO 102400 (effectively roughly the same exposure), look at the 3:27 mark of this video:

Tell me again that the D5 has better low light performance. I need to laugh some more :)

This is the D5 shot in moonlight using a 24 mm lens at F1.4 at 1/30 sec at ISO 51200:

http://oleliodden.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/537_9158.jpg

For the a7sII, again shot in moonlight using a 35mm lens at F1.4 at 1/60 sec at ISO 102400 (effectively roughly the same exposure), look at the 3:27 mark of this video:

Tell me again that the D5 has better low light performance. I need to laugh some more :)

only one you should be laughing at is yourself. Clown. You're comparing a jpg to a video. We all know the performance of a camera's video is different  than stills because of compression and in some cases motion artifacting. So again, if you're gonna laugh try laughing at the accuracy of your "findings".