Is Samsung shutting down their camera business?

I'm usually the negative voice. but you guys...

I bought the whole system a few weeks ago for about half off retail, knowing full well it might be getting killed.

The only worry I might have is repairs but there are laws.

I bought it to use now, and I bought it because of its pure power that I need right now.

I didn't buy it because it had a high resale.

That said, I have the two s lens and I'm not looking to buy any other samsung glass. I find manual focusing on it

great so I'll be using Nikon and canon with adapters from here out.

why does everyone feel the need to mention "I didn't buy it because it had a high resale" ?

we all bought it because of the power. The resale was an afterthought. It's a checklist when weighing the pro's and con's of investing in the system for those still on the fence. It doesn't make your decision to buy it any wiser than it would be to avoid it. So please lets end the "resale value" point of discussion. :-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There. I solved the ENTIRE problem.

You're funny. But... I think it all started when Andrew Reid put ZackGoodwin in a figure four leg lock over a Samsung 2/3 inch lens that Ed David thought was morally wrong to support. While Ebrahim ex

There's only selected markets left and the fact that even there accessories like the batteries are unavailable makes it quite likely that a global stop is imminent, just weird that they don't man up a

Posted Images

why does everyone feel the need to mention "I didn't buy it because it had a high resale" ?

we all bought it because of the power. The resale was an afterthought. It's a checklist when weighing the pro's and con's of investing in the system for those still on the fence. It doesn't make your decision to buy it any wiser than it would be to avoid it. So please lets end the "resale value" point of discussion. :-)

I think the resale value of the battery may be higher than the camera in a few weeks...

How capricious are people! One moment it's an NX1 love fest, the next it's pile-on time. I guess the vagaries of the showbiz world extend to even the production gear.

I don't think anyone here is loving the camera any less than when they found out Samsung was pulling out.  Some value resale, some don't. Some are waiting for the price to plummet, some already bought into the system. I just dont see where anyone one of these "capricious" people are saying they no longer love the camera in light of incoming news / rumors.

I don't think anyone here is loving the camera any less than when they found out Samsung was pulling out.  Some value resale, some don't. Some are waiting for the price to plummet, some already bought into the system. I just dont see where anyone one of these "capricious" people are saying they no longer love the camera in light of incoming news / rumors.

Absolutely, just as it isn't capricious to tell your spouse of one month: "I still love you, but I don't think this is working." :)

Probably already posted somewhere in this massive thread, but I read Samsung is listed as a vendor for Photokina 2016. If nothing else, it is interesting.

They will be selling their VR camera, so it isn't surprising that they would be there.

Probably cell phone cameras as well.

so basically Samsung is silently leaving the camera market without ever telling officially? All signs lead to this but they're still denying.

they have to be the BIGGEST group of assholes to grace the planet. Ever. I think they wont announce it because they dont want it to affect their stock. Announcements like that can cause people to sell their stock, you know ?

FWIW: I noticed yet another price change for the NX1 (at least here in the USA).

In December, it was offered at $400 off ($1,099). Amazon was also offering a $200 gift card toward future photo product purchases. That was really tempting, but spooked by the rumors and the reported withdrawals from other markets, I held off.

On or around December 26, the price went back up to list - $1,499.

Yesterday I noticed it's now down to $1,199 ($300 off), both at the Samsung US site and at Amazon and B&H.

Also, a number of accessories (carry bag, remote release, neck strap) aren't available for purchase at the Samsung online store - there's just a button labeled "find online or locally", which is frustratingly vague.

they have to be the BIGGEST group of assholes to grace the planet. Ever. I think they wont announce it because they dont want it to affect their stock. Announcements like that can cause people to sell their stock, you know ?

Well, it's not yet clear if they are pulling from the entire global market or selected areas.

Btw, if I have more practical questions about the NX1, is it better to post them here or in a separate thread (considering the situation with the NX1 and the NX-line)? Usually it's always a separate thread in forums, but this situations is somewhat different.