Claim of hacked Sony A7S

barefoot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Olympus has released a camera with an open API that users with some coding skills can write ios or android apps to work along with their smartphone.  They are making it a "hack and make project", incl making available some 3D printer files for some of the accessories and items to customise the camera.

It's the same sensor as the EM10 I believe.  16 mpix 30p.   I doubt the API allows very low level access to the sensor, (pity as 3K 15fps would suit me to extract stills from) but it's an interesting direction they are taking.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

H.263, that's exactly what I was waiting for.

On a more serious note it looks like a normal app from playmemory to me, and I don't believe apps are able to alter camera settings (resolution, frame rate, bitdepth)

The fact that Nabil was also the source of the UHD rumor on the EM-1 that didn't come to fruition doesn't exactly give a good impression too,

though, the EM-1 UHD mode very likely could have been a real experimental firmware even for future bodies and he was not exactly making it up, just got excited when he saw it on screen and assumed a firmware upgrade. 

Anyhow, I am 90% doubtful it's true, and if it is true, I am 100% sure the camera will not be able to exceed 2-3 minutes before frying up and shutting down needing cooling. Sony actually states the a7s did record internal UHD at some point but wasn't usable due to heat accumulation, just like samsung stated the camera did output 240p 6K at some point but of course processing/heat/recording that into a real usable, reliable feature is another story.