Experimental filmmaking - David Lynch's Rabbits

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
The Rabbits shorts are linked to Lynch's epic Inland Empire, which I think is a masterpiece (but a lot of people have difficulty stomaching).
It should be of particular interest to readers of this site as a perfect illustration of how any piece of equipment can be the right tool for the job when paired with a great artistic mind who understands it. Lynch shot it on the Sony PD-150, lighting and operating himself. He constantly takes advantage of its great low light performance, but he also turns its considerable limitations into crucial parts of the aesthetic. The upscaled SD source, near infinite depth of field and poor dynamic range are harnessed to create some uniquely nightmarish imagery.
It's much more visually interesting and engaging than so many films shot by world class DOPs on top of the line digital cinema cameras and really proves how vision and intelligence come first. As an amateur filmmaker, I found it incredibly inspiring.

So I googled it. (yes. That happened.). Apparently these phrases are to be placed in their correct order by the viewer. That's 45 minutes however. Maybe with the proper amount of stimulants, and free time... One evening I will write down each line and interpret what "no one must find out about this" means.

Don't hold your breath. The whole drag-asstic approach of boredom within the ugliness of what lies beneath is probably all Lynch was trying to convey here... Esspecially with the crowd cheers, etc.

Something like that... More coffee.