Received the Edelkrone Quick Release ONE

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

I've been waiting on this little thing since announced. Finally received it today.
It works just as advertised and is even a bit sturdier than I expected.

Of the cameras I have used I would have no trouble using pretty much any DSLR with a mic and big 70-200 or even the BMPC4K with batteries, cage and FF.
The only problem I see people have in previous comments is the price of $145. But IMO, totally worth it.
Specially since I pretty much always have a different mount on my slider that I like but wouldnt want on a video head,

a0000133.md.jpg

a0000135.md.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Can't justify spending 140 dollars on an overpriced quick release plate. Why does edelkrone overprice everything?

If you know a cheaper solution please let me know so I can buy it.

In other words one product for less than $140 that makes my camera instantly fit on every single tripod, rigg, stabilizer, etc in the world without modification. 

It seems kind of small, seems like it will reduce stability compared to a large base plate. Could you try some slider shots at long focal lengths with and and without this one resting on a large base plate? Also, why would you be moving the camera on and off different tripods in quick succession (especially between tiny and massive ones like in the video)? On a demo floor, may be; but in real life?