Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K ships!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

+1

the 4K sensor in ursa mini is far from the one in BMPCC4K, and it's recorded only in full HD.with canon L lenses. on the other side the video with 4.6K seems a bit washed.

Captain Hook said on the BMC User forum that he intentionally graded it a bit low-contrast to show off the camera's DR. 

I'm pumped to see more samples!

You guys have probably already seen this, but WOW. Looks fantastic. One shot with moire is curious, but other than that I'm super impressed. https://vimeo.com/139130557

Thanks for posting the link. 

I am not sure how to properly describe, but to me, the footage seems unique and rich. Like it was baked in with a slower shutter speed or something. 

I find it impressive also. The nationality, the skin tones, of the subjects captured seems ideal for this early example. 

Thanks for posting the link. 

I am not sure how to properly describe, but to me, the footage seems unique and rich. Like it was baked in with a slower shutter speed or something. 

I find it impressive also. The nationality, the skin tones, of the subjects captured seems ideal for this early example. 

Agreed. Blackmagic was smart to use those guys as beta testers/sample footage creators. Besides a bit of moire on the groom's jacket at 1:10, I see nothing to complain about, even in the darker scenes. That surprised me, since most people complain about the BMPC sensor being unusable in low light. 

Agreed. Blackmagic was smart to use those guys as beta testers/sample footage creators. Besides a bit of moire on the groom's jacket at 1:10, I see nothing to complain about, even in the darker scenes. That surprised me, since most people complain about the BMPC sensor being unusable in low light. 

In fact. But, let's not forget it is 1080/60p...

The Ursa Mini 4K is using the V2 sensor that is from the Ursa 4K not the BMPC. That's why there's 60fps in 4k and significantly less FPN. Also, the moire is most likely related to the fact that they shot using a Sigma 18 - 35. That lens is capable of resolving somewhere around 25 - 30 MP. That resolution is far beyond the 8.3 on the Ursa Mini. It's best to always use filtration with a lens that is that sharp.

I too was surprised how good the sensor was in low light. 60fps in a club scene on a BM global shutter? That's amazing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Super Members

Nonsense! 

The Ursa Mini has Not shipped.  Some guys that work for BM managed to get their hands on two to shoot the wedding video.  I've looked everywhere and no one has received these yet. 

Please check you facts before posting false news. 

But you decided to bump an almost 1 month old thread about it shipping because.....

• Super Members

Blackmagic really need to learn the trade secret of "under-promise, over-deliver." They've made a bad habit of doing just the opposite.

IMO, its the consumers that need to learn how it works.

They have done it 4 years in a row.

But still we have these never ending amount of posts and threads, "When?", "Im angry!", "If its not here by..", bla bla bla

It will ship when its done and all there is to do is wait or buy something else. Bumping or starting threads like this wont make shipp any faster or make Blackmagic change their way.

Its the price we pay for the best image produced by a CMOS in the world :)