Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K ships!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes. The Mini Ursa 4k is just a Mini Ursa.  The Mini Ursa 4.6k is has the new sensor.    This is important to realise because unlike the full size ursa you cannot change the sensor afterwards.   They do look quite small in these pictures which is reassuring.

(Oh and who thinks this is to help stave off attention for whatever sony Is about to release tomorow?)

Yes. The Mini Ursa 4k is just a Mini Ursa.  The Mini Ursa 4.6k is has the new sensor.    This is important to realise because unlike the full size ursa you cannot change the sensor afterwards.   They do look quite small in these pictures which is reassuring.

(Oh and who thinks this is to help stave off attention for whatever sony Is about to release tomorow?)

i think you might be right about wanting to steal some thunder from Sony. Funny that no one has mentioned the other camera manufacturer that will be at IBC tomorrow... Samsung. 

The 4.6k is supposed to have 15 stops, not 14, but in reality it will probably work out to 11-12 usable stops.

I just with BM would put out some more test footage of the 4.6k sensor. I can deal with the wait, I'd just like to know if it's worth waiting for.

Also, does this new mini-ursa have a different "2.0" 4k chip than the original ursa?

Sony FS5 is going to be announced tomorrow, and I have a feeling Sony's going to have another "Mic Drop" like they did last year with the FS7 and A7s.

Ugh, I'm gagging. I want this so bad. But there's so much extra to buy to get it up an running right, like expensive battery, Cfast cards, THE EVF and then a lens! After all that extra stuff, what would be THE lens to get if I can only afford one to start with, aaah. All this want want want! I'm making a gofundme account, accepting all donations! Thanks!

i think you might be right about wanting to steal some thunder from Sony. Funny that no one has mentioned the other camera manufacturer that will be at IBC tomorrow... Samsung. 

you think Samsung will announce a high end camcorder tomorrow? I highly doubt it!! But I too hope so :-)

This time shipment delays are obviously for a good reason, some new features were added. More about this in a video at their homepage:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/

start the video at 5:05

OH EM GEE!!! That is making the PL/B4 camera be a killer studio camera! Unfortunately not something which would interest most of us here. 

Makes it anamazing doco camera too (if only it had ND filters built in....).

I wonder if the PL mount could be swapped for a Nikon F mount, just like it can be swapped now for a B4 Mount?? If so, it could make the PL version be the perfect option for me!!

Pity about them dropping GPS functionality. But understandable