iPhone 6S launch and 4K topic

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So if the iPhone 6s does shoot 4K video, how will you watch 4K video on a 4K tv?

1. Upload 4K video to YouTube and view in the 4K tv's native YouTube app (highly doubt)

2. Connect iPhone 6s to TV with special HDMI 2 connector to play off of phone (mildly doubt)

3. Play directly from iCloud Photo Library with 4K compatible Apple TV (possible)

4. You can't watch it at all unless you have a 5K iMac (lols)

• Super Members

So if the iPhone 6s does shoot 4K video, how will you watch 4K video on a 4K tv?

1. Upload 4K video to YouTube and view in the 4K tv's native YouTube app (highly doubt)

2. Connect iPhone 6s to TV with special HDMI 2 connector to play off of phone (mildly doubt)

3. Play directly from iCloud Photo Library with 4K compatible Apple TV (possible)

4. You can't watch it at all unless you have a 5K iMac (lols)

According to the statistics on my channel a huge majority watch on their computer.

Cellphones are rising and tablets are dropping. 

The big point of 4k for youtube IMO is the higher bitrate and lower compression that makes the HD look better. My tests showed that HD upscaled also looked better due to the higher bitrate.

It even happens to be that people can't tell 4K and HD upscaled apart on youtube. 

New iPhone launch is today. Thought I'd open a thread about it an hour ahead of the event.

Will be interesting to see what the new camera has in store for us. 4K video? 1080p at 240fps?

More than the iPhone the new iPad Pro looks promising. I hope somebody makes a Tablet PC on which one can actually edit videos. Even if the battery is absolutely lousy and so is the memory (128GB SSD and 16 GB RAM atleast). But something that should have a great processor and great graphics card. 

More than the iPhone the new iPad Pro looks promising. I hope somebody makes a Tablet PC on which one can actually edit videos. Even if the battery is absolutely lousy and so is the memory (128GB SSD and 16 GB RAM atleast). But something that should have a great processor and great graphics card. 

I think the iPad Pro looks useless. 32gb of non expandable storage, max 128gb storage.

The only hope is a new Surface Pro next month, but I assume it won't come close to the new Lenovo P50 and P70. At least the Surface runs a proper OS that can use software (instead of lightweight apps) and with the dock it has the ports you need. 

I think the iPad Pro looks useless. 32gb of non expandable storage, max 128gb storage.

The only hope is a new Surface Pro next month, but I assume it won't come close to the new Lenovo P50 and P70. At least the Surface runs a proper OS that can use software (instead of lightweight apps) and with the dock it has the ports you need. 

The Surface Pro needs a dedicated graphics card. Something high end for tablet/ laptop video edit. I don't know why they don't add that. Otherwise with its (upto) i7 lineup, it seems pretty neat.

I think that and quick charging are something Microsoft should consider for its  new Surface Pro. 

I actually have never bought an IPhone and this 6C is the one i am considering

mainly for the camera. Would you say it something that is of comparable of quality to a Sony RX100 Mk I or what pocket cam?

Is it a viable 'B' cam? That video looks really good. I also have an LX100 but its not pocketable.