Sony will shock everyone with their new creation!

DBounce

Well if that's true the big announcement can't be a watered down FS7... So I'm gonna guess that what will be announced is two new camcorders... one of which will be the replacement for the A7s. And as some rumours have eluded, the A7s mkii will have a new form factor. 

In any case we only have a few days to go.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-first-possible-sony-e-mount-camcorder-specs-and-sony-will-shock-everybody-soon-with-their-new-creation/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Given the price drop on the A6000, I'm actually hoping they'll announce its successor the 11th too. Secretly hoping they'll bring out the A6100 as a photographer's camera and a video minded A7000. APS-C mirrorless is a nice combination of compact sized & performance, as well as flexibility. I just emptied my mailbox and there was a M43 to NEX adapter in there (yes, I too was surprised it works that way, but not so much the other way around) which I already went ahead and ordered in anticipation. I'm hoping it gives me the mounting flexibility close to the M43 system, the features of the mirrorless system and the better performance as seen with the Nikon APS-C cameras perhaps.

The new Sony camcorder seems a bit out of my category, but does sound pretty gosh darn exciting.

• Super Members

I sincerely hope that Im wrong.
But I suspect it will look smashing on paper, in the pics, the price... but then I won't see any footage that really blows me away. Finally if I test it I will feel underwhelmed and a little bit annoyed by the S-Log.

Again, I hope Im wrong and wish nothing more than for Sony to give me the image of a BMD or Canon in their otherwise awesomely speced and priced cameras.

Full Press Release:

Out of darkness cometh light

• Ultra-high sensitivity up to 409600i with low noise across the whole range
  • Wide dynamic range across entire ISO range delivering smooth tonal gradation from dark to bright conditions
  • In-camera 5-axis optical image stabilisation for expanded shooting possibilities
  • Internal 4K movie recording featuring full pixel readout without pixel binning in full-frame format
  • Wide range of professional movie functionality including S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3, new Gamma Assist Display, enhanced Zebra Function, Full HD 120fps recording and 4x/5x slow motion recording and full pixel readout without pixel binning in full-frame format
  • High-speed AF with enhanced accuracy in wide ranging scenes and advanced shooting functions

FS5 a little to expensive for my taste at 6700$, I would rather go FS7 route if I had the money.

It will probably be great run&gun / doc camera because of the form factor but I think that you get much more with URSA Mini for filmmaking(compresed raw, all ProRes flavours, various aspect ratios etc).

It looks like new A7s II is actualy much more exciting product than FS5. You get similar 8bit 4:2:0 codec with SLOG3, but full readout 4K FF video with 5 axis stabilisation.