Resolve anamorphic desqueeze, how?

buggz

Hello,

Resolve newbie here...

Okay, I have searched, and searched.
I have tried all the suggestions I have found, and I still cannot get this to work.
Yes, of course, I searched the manual, and actually tried it. too.
How do you desqueeze anamorphic video in Resolve 12 Lite, or can you?
Background, I am using Canon 5DMkII Magic Lantern RAW video, exported to Cinema DNG, via raw2cdng.1.7.4
I import the Cinema DNGs into Resolve 12 Lite, I have tried adjusting the timeline, and the project properties with no success.
What are the settings I am looking for?

Thanks!

I have ordered the adavanced copy of the book on Amazon for Resolve 12, and having a really hard time waiting on it, and the training videos, as I refuse to give any more monies to the arrogance of the adobe mismanagement...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yep. For this reason I feel it's much more practical to squeeze "in" rather than squeeze "out" When you expand yr anamorphic shots out on the horizontal you end up with huge kinda fuzzy movies/images. If you instead compress vertically you end up with normally manageable files which actually look sharper than they normally would. (assuming yr shooting with a good anamorphic and you've landed focus properly.

Well, I'm still learning Resolve too but I've found the following works...

Go to Color tab when selecting a clip, select Sizing tool > adjust height/width to custom size. Select 'Create' to save that as a Sizing preset that can be saved and applied to all - or selected clips on import.

Or use the Sizing presets that come in Resolve for Cinemascope/Anamorphic > under 'clip attributes' when right-clicking a clip in the 'Media' window.

Example screenshot is of footage shot in ML Raw at 50p, so here I have increased the height by 1.65% to get back to 16:9 aspect.

Exactly the same re-sizing method can be used to correct Anamorphic footage by reducing height by whatever ratio is needed for the scope in question. 

untitled.png

I've been playing more with this and now find for my setup that the 35mm Full Aperature HD Anamorphic setting is better.
Shrug, I guess for others it may be different.

Now trying to get a proper perpective rendered output.
I keep gettng a squeezed rendered output file, or a cropped output file.
Sure is a learning curver, this video stuff.
I will read the manual today, more, and again.
*8^)