The ultimate hackintosh laptop - lenovo p50

Ed_David

I am willing to wager the new Lenovo P50 laptops with a 4k display and color calibration monitor paired with hackintosh will make it a $1700 laptop that can rival the $4k macpro trash can

It seems its predecessor is hackintosh ready - http://blazinglist.com/top-10-best-laptops-hackintosh-2015/

and this is running the new skylake xeon chips - if all goes well - this is going to be a major deal savings computer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am in desperate need of an upgrade. The Lenovo looks a solid choice but I am secretly hoping Apple release a more powerful Macbook (Air) tomorrow and/or even better could be if Microsoft release a powerful enough Surface Pro 4 next month (then I could swap my iPad and Macbook Air for one slim device and be rid of Apple forever). 

Look at this one though: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/PE60-2QE.html . Pretty sexy package/value I'd say 

that is sexy but does it do thunderbolt 3 - also lenovo p50 does look like a pile of heavy and clunky - thank you for this - need some benchmark tests

No reason I need os x - I just need resolve -but I like os x more than windows 10 - feels more stable.

Understood. But on the contrary, that "and?" was fairly needed...

...fear is a bitch; paranoid fear is a bitch squared.

- Emanuel

Perhaps we don't understand the ramifications of having manufacturer-installed malware in our BIOS.  Here's a hint -- it's not good.

Perhaps we don't understand the ramifications of having manufacturer-installed malware in our BIOS.  Here's a hint -- it's not good.

I agree that methods like these are not good, but it was crapware that was intended to help the stability of the computer for novices. Thats why these were a problem with only the non-thinkpad series. Definetly not malware.  Also Lenovo learned and stoped puting it in new computers. 

Emanuel is right, fear is a bitch. Here's a hint to you - misinformation does not help.