So I read that RX10 ii review, and... help!

CTRT

Well, just beware, prices of those could get out of hand quickly for a good one in nice condition... That's why a brand new mirrorless minded one for a fair price might be a decent start.

Seems @Julian had a nice topic on C mounts (actually via http://bmcc.tv/the-vintage-lens-hunt/ ; 'Ebay is clearly the best place to look for lenses': agreed!):

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2513-blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-c-mount-lens-compatibility-list/

ooh! OK, more rabbit holes :)

Thanks ;)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So after a few days, and shooting a few dozen photos, and a handful of videos, I have to say I'm pretty blown away... it definitely feels a lot more "modern" than the Nikon, whether or not that's good in personal taste, but I dig it... it's not exactly intuitive, especially how the menus are so context sensitive, but that's just getting used to it... the 4K is AMAZING! But wow, the file sizes eh? 

Overall, couldn't be happier! Thanks again everyone!

I got the free LUT Loader from Pixel Studios and now I am in flipping heaven... 

Crazy how easy it is to radically change - and improve - footage... Cine D is brilliant! May just have to spring for the LOG upgrade now.

My kids are pretty tired of this new camera already, but I am having so much fun... first big job is on the 22nd... can't wait! 

I got the free LUT Loader from Pixel Studios and now I am in flipping heaven... 

Crazy how easy it is to radically change - and improve - footage... Cine D is brilliant! May just have to spring for the LOG upgrade now.

My kids are pretty tired of this new camera already, but I am having so much fun... first big job is on the 22nd... can't wait! 

thats awesome, great to hear.

unlike cameras and lenses, one thing that you cant buy is talent, which you seem to have plenty of based on your original post~! im sure that your practice as a musician informs your video work in all kinds of ways, intangibles that i might not even understand...!

if i could give you one piece of advice going forward, it would be this: avoid the rabbithole of technology research; its neverending

shoot with your new camera. its great. id buy one today!

cheers

p.s. it is WAY too hot for my st bernard-great dane in san diego rn 

thats awesome, great to hear.

unlike cameras and lenses, one thing that you cant buy is talent, which you seem to have plenty of based on your original post~! im sure that your practice as a musician informs your video work in all kinds of ways, intangibles that i might not even understand...!

if i could give you one piece of advice going forward, it would be this: avoid the rabbithole of technology research; its neverending

shoot with your new camera. its great. id buy one today!

cheers

p.s. it is WAY too hot for my st bernard-great dane in san diego rn 

:d

thanks for your advice, all of it...  I will be shooting with this for a long time... the only other tech I want really is a couple of quirky lenses and a new tripod... :d

The whole LUTs thing has really opened my eyes to a lot of potential for music videos, etc., and yes, music GREATLY informs how I edit, etc.

Here's a little thing I did today with my daughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpKUCgdrW4o 

Obviously it's not anything, but a little bit of footage for me to play with, but it still looks amazing... for just 5 mins of work. 

and look after your dog, it's meant to live in the alps I think!

Hey CTRT,

If you're looking for manual primes to compliment your Panasonic 12-35, I'd recommend checking out the SLR Magic line. They're all metal, fast as hell, and have a creamy, 3D rendering style that's extremely cinematic. I currently own the 12 and the 25 for my BMPCC/GH3, and they've performed extremely well thus far.

Hey CTRT,

If you're looking for manual primes to compliment your Panasonic 12-35, I'd recommend checking out the SLR Magic line. They're all metal, fast as hell, and have a creamy, 3D rendering style that's extremely cinematic. I currently own the 12 and the 25 for my BMPCC/GH3, and they've performed extremely well thus far.

thank you! 

I WILL look at them as you've just described exactly what I'd be looking for!!

Much appreciated!

thank you! 
I WILL look at them as you've just described exactly what I'd be looking for!!

Much appreciated!

Of course!

But don't take my word for it. Go on Vimeo and search SLR Magic for some examples. In fact, that's a great way to evaluate any camera gear, short of getting your hands on it yourself.

Of course!

But don't take my word for it. Go on Vimeo and search SLR Magic for some examples. In fact, that's a great way to evaluate any camera gear, short of getting your hands on it yourself.

I do really appreciate it though, as I'm really just trying to learn about what's out there, and what it can do for me... :)

oooh! Now I'll be up late again!

Thank you really... this is exactly the sort of thing I need to embrace :)

funny about not shooting wide open because you can... the more I learn the more I think I kinda just need to trust what I see... I'm kinda glad I made videos and even did corporate work basically without knowing anything... because now all this knowledge feels less inhibiting...  not sure that will make sense, but it does to me... :)