Black Hills 5D MkII from R44 Helicopter - Gyro Stabilized

fotopilot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Good Work... but...

We at sportevents also using R44, this is not good Heli for filming, lots of vibrations (and its ony one engine heli, not so safety ;) )

I'll upload soon our shots from R44, the common problems with aerial foto is a time of day for filming... i prefer time when the sun is near horizon, it gives good long shadows in picture....

When you're filming at high position of the sun, landscapes are flat, and not attractive (it's my opinion)....

I prefer cloudy day than sunny day with high sun level ;)

keep up good work
/regards
/M.

Witaj!

That's the beauty of the mount I made, it isolates the camera from vibration of the R44 with no problem. See the Vegas Strip video on my site, over 5 minutes of uncut continuous footage from an R44: [url="http://www.aero-fotografik.com/indexHD3.html"]http://www.aero-fotografik.com/indexHD3.html[/url]

All of my filming from helicopters is from the R44. Other aerial filming is done from Cessna 172, while flying the airplane.

I agree totally that filming during the golden hours, with clouds & also night makes for much more of a dramatic scene. Black Hills was a free ride so I was on heli company's schedule which was unfortunately during 1-3 p.m. in afternoon, also the bumpiest time of day. In this case was a good test for the mount system in R44.

Pozdrowienia,