Atomos launches new 4k recorder - Ninja Assassin

anchoricex

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Almost! I wanted something for 4K that was a little bit more like the 5" Ninja Blade.

But then again... there's the PIX-E5(H) which right now might just be the capturing monitor of the hour. Would've been nice to see these other companies (Atomos, Convergent Design and Blackmagic) following up on their lead though.

Almost! I wanted something for 4K that was a little bit more like the 5" Ninja Blade.

But then again... there's the PIX-E5(H) which right now might just be the capturing monitor of the hour. Would've been nice to see these other companies (Atomos, Convergent Design and Blackmagic) following up on their lead though.

Agreed. The Pix-E5H looks nice. Hopefully we see reviews soon.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137222-REG/video_devices_pix_e5h_5_4k_recording.html

Pix-e5 is nice option but has no anamorphic support. The atomos assassin has anamorphic but doesn't support dci 4k, maybe a future update will enable it. Only the shogun does dci 4k but for nearly twice the price.

I'll hold off until I hear assassin has an update for dci 4k support for my gh4.