Panasonic GH4r

BrorSvensson

My main beef is this rumor did not come from Panasonic. Should Panasonic be expected to add features and respond to every rumor on the internet? All current GH4 owners entered the purchased based upon the  current spec sheet, so what is the problem?

Let me right now start a rumor... Their is a "secret" GH4 firmware that can add 14bit color and 16 stops of DR. Will you be angry if it turns out these features are in a totally different camera? This really is how silly this argument is. These rumors didn't come from Pannie... They don't need to respond nor support the rumored features.

not sure why you are responding to my comment. I am not talking about this rumor. I am talking about Panasonic putting vlog out there and not clearly stating their intentions.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

GH4R is also official. Same as GH4, with V-Log and no time limit for recording.

Really unlimited? There still reads:

• One of the most prominent features of Panasonic LUMIX GH4 is unlimited*2 4K video recording in both Cinema 4K: 4096x2160 / 24 fps, and QFHD 4K: 3840x2160 / up to 30 fps
  • *2 Videos can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera's sales area.

http://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/lumix-interchangeable-lens-ilc-cameras/DMC-GH4KBODY.html#prefn1=features&srule=featured&prefv1=4K+Photo+(Hybrid)&nextIndex=0&start=1&cgid=lumix-interchangeable-lens-ilc-cameras

Or maybe unlimited when not in EU, or compared to overheating Sony.

Really unlimited? There still reads:

• One of the most prominent features of Panasonic LUMIX GH4 is unlimited*2 4K video recording in both Cinema 4K: 4096x2160 / 24 fps, and QFHD 4K: 3840x2160 / up to 30 fps
  • *2 Videos can be recorded up to 29 min 59 sec depending on the recording format and the camera's sales area.

http://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/lumix-interchangeable-lens-ilc-cameras/DMC-GH4KBODY.html#prefn1=features&srule=featured&prefv1=4K+Photo+(Hybrid)&nextIndex=0&start=1&cgid=lumix-interchangeable-lens-ilc-cameras

Or maybe unlimited when not in EU, or compared to overheating Sony.

You're linking to the normal GH4.

The new GH4R is probably Europe only. Introduced at IFA. Just got the Dutch press release.

Here is the UK press release.  I guess some of the $99 covers the EU tax for allowing unlimited recording.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/panasonic-tweaks-lumix-gh4-to-launch-gh4r-60067

"The photo/video hybrid now offers unlimited 4K recording (Cinema 4K: 4096×2160/24 fps and QFHD 4K: 3840×2160/up to 30 fps in MOV/MP4*) and V-Log L video capability."

Doesn't the gh4 already had unlimited recording?

Not in Europe.

Here is the UK press release.  I guess some of the $99 covers the EU tax for allowing unlimited recording.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/panasonic-tweaks-lumix-gh4-to-launch-gh4r-60067

"The photo/video hybrid now offers unlimited 4K recording (Cinema 4K: 4096×2160/24 fps and QFHD 4K: 3840×2160/up to 30 fps in MOV/MP4*) and V-Log L video capability."

According to this press release the GH4R does also 4:2:2 10-bit hdmi-output (withouth the YAGAYUEGHEAHE-EAHEG I suppose):

The clean HDMI output from the GH4R provides a higher quality 4:2:2 10-bit output with over 984 million more colour graduation, making it the perfect partner for the Atomos 4K Shogun and Ninja Assassin.

Not in Europe.

According to this press release the GH4R does also 4:2:2 10-bit hdmi-output (withouth the YAGAYUEGHEAHE-EAHEG I suppose):

The clean HDMI output from the GH4R provides a higher quality 4:2:2 10-bit output with over 984 million more colour graduation, making it the perfect partner for the Atomos 4K Shogun and Ninja Assassin.

I thought it already did that? (I don't own one so certainly not sure about that...)