Nebula 4200 - 5-axis gimbal

Brother

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Avril Lovin - I received my nebula 4200 Pro in December.  It worked just fine at first but then it began to behave erratically.  I noticed magnetic metal shavings increasingly coming from one of the gimbal arms.  One of their customer service representatives sent out parameter updates and after I installed them, the unit is completely unresponsive.  Now one of the arms locks up and will not move. Customer service was responsive for a short while but now they have ceased communication all together.  This unit needs to be replaced immediately.  I expect instructions for how to get a working gimbal from your company promptly.

Avril Lovin - I received my nebula 4200 Pro in December.  It worked just fine at first but then it began to behave erratically.  I noticed magnetic metal shavings increasingly coming from one of the gimbal arms.  One of their customer service representatives sent out parameter updates and after I installed them, the unit is completely unresponsive.  Now one of the arms locks up and will not move. Customer service was responsive for a short while but now they have ceased communication all together.  This unit needs to be replaced immediately.  I expect instructions for how to get a working gimbal from your company promptly.

If you haven't already, post this to their Facebook account too. If they're like most companies nowadays, a phone call gets you nothing, email gets you nothing, a Facebook post gets your problem solved.

Keep us posted on how they respond.

You could sent mail to our support again. They will help you to slove the problem as soon as possible. Email: support@filmpower.com  

product-support@filmpower.com

I have tried every single email address that your company has provided.  I have posted on Facebook many, many times and I have emailed the addresses provided via the Facebook interactions.  NOTHING.  I am beginning to lose my patience.  Ball is in your court.  You can either send me a working replacement, refund or I make it my mission to lead a very public smear campaign against FilmPower.  I prefer a working replacement.  I really do.  But you guys are bringing this on yourself.

I have tried every single email address that your company has provided.  I have posted on Facebook many, many times and I have emailed the addresses provided via the Facebook interactions.  NOTHING.  I am beginning to lose my patience.  Ball is in your court.  You can either send me a working replacement, refund or I make it my mission to lead a very public smear campaign against FilmPower.  I prefer a working replacement.  I really do.  But you guys are bringing this on yourself.

You should do all of that. Just don't call it a smear campaign. You're telling the truth, it's not a smear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smear_campaign

Somehow I see a class action lawsuit or something of the likes in this companies future. Really shady stuff going on with their customer service 

Check out the thread of complaints on the Roxor with its pathetic 10fps 4k "video" on DVXuser, just like this thread, the Filmpower people just ignore complaints and keep posting bad sample videos.

I passed on the Nebula because of this and went Beholder DS1.

How do you like the Beholder DS1?  Based on the reviews I've read, I think it's the best available now.  What camera do you use it with?

So far its been really good, but admittedly all I've done is a lot of walking test shots. Its much easier to balance/setup than the Defy G2 I previously used, much lighter too. The gimbal weighs a little over 2 lbs with batteries, and my camera brings to total weight to just over 4 pounds. Comes with a nice padded case and an extra set of batteries. All of my tinkering has yet to burn through my first set, so battery life is looking pretty good. What sold me on the DS1 was the 32-bit board, higher load capacity than other one handed gimbals and positive user reports. I'm sure we'll see more gimbals at NAB and such, but I don't know what can be done to improve on the DS1 without adding to its size or cost.

The biggest con for me is the USB charging. I haven't bothered to look for other charging options for the batteries, but the manual says you'll get faster results with a dedicated charger, so there must be something available. Beholder claims 3-4 hours of shooting per charge, so two sets of batteries will easily carry me through any shoot with plenty of juice to spare - even if I only get a couple hours per set. My Mac Pro gives me a "USB Devices Disabled because its using too much power" message when I plug in the batteries which is odd, so I plug it into my wife's crappy old laptop.

I use it with the A7rII and at some point I'll put my A7s on it too. The DS1 combined with the IBIS makes for some crazy smooth walking shots and when doing dolly shots it looks like a slider. You can just turn the handle upside down for low shots or to simulate a jib movement. I'm going to take it on a boat to see how it handles waves at some point.

There's a seller on eBay that will take an offer of $650, I bought from them. No regrets so far.

Apologies to anyone interested in the Nebula for going OT.

The biggest con for me is the USB charging. I haven't bothered to look for other charging options for the batteries, but the manual says you'll get faster results with a dedicated charger, so there must be something available.

Thanks for the response.  The DS1 uses standard 18650 Li-ion batteries, so you can get a dedicated charger for $18 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Version-NITECORE-i4-Intellicharge-Charger/dp/B005UAI372/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1454371477&sr=1-2&keywords=18650+charger+4+bay

There are some chargers that are much cheaper, but those have pretty bad reviews.

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Avril Lovin said:

Video shoot by Bokeh Films using the Blackmagic Pocket with a Nikon 20mm 2.8. Setup looks like this.

b8Is0qj.jpg

I think its pretty terrible how you continue to post videos here, all the while your actual customers on your facebook page seem to be completely unable to contact you and ranging from annoyed to furious. Is this what you consider good business practice?

Alright,  I've about had it with all this nonsense, tell you what,  I'm going to sitdown this afternoon fire up my engineering workstation and create a brand new stabilizer that will blow this away. That way we can stop this silly thread once and for all.

Expect my product on kickstarter... Mark my words, it will work, it will cost less and it will be easy to use. And everyone will want one. This camera stabilization thing is not really that tough of a nut to crack. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...