Nebula 4200 - 5-axis gimbal

Brother

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't understand why is there so much criticism when the product is not even out...

They've been taking pre-orders since August and it was supposed to start shipping in late October. Either it didn't ship or nobody bought them. And like Zach said, look at their Facebook page for an idea of the customer service you'll get.

I'm disappointed. I hoped this would be an advance for gimbals. That video in the article also shows the very noticeable sideways jerking that could be seen in the video from a couple days ago.

They've been taking pre-orders since August and it was supposed to start shipping in late October. Either it didn't ship or nobody bought them. And like Zach said, look at their Facebook page for an idea of the customer service you'll get.

I'm disappointed. I hoped this would be an advance for gimbals. That video in the article also shows the very noticeable sideways jerking that could be seen in the video from a couple days ago.

I agree that it's a disappointment that they are late on delivering. But why pre-order ? I don't understand how people can put some money for something we have almost zero info about...Same thing for blackmagic Ursa mini. This gimbal might be a hit, but so far no reviews are out... no serious testing either. So let's just be patient, and try it out when it's finally out, and then you'll be able to judge if it's good or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Spring arms can isolate vibrations from vertical and horizontal directions. Different tension will have different natural frequency. Human also has a natural frequency when walking. If the two natural frequencies cancel each other out, the stabilizer will work smoothly. Otherwise it will enlarge the vibrations. Users need to adjust back and forth and practice a lot to get the best stabilization.

1223.thumb.jpg.e2c90fbb41b014db075abb436

The springs can handle the high frequency vibrations better if they are looser, but the reaction period will be longer. The tighter they are, the shorter the reaction period will be.

The same products, some people can be taken out of the good work, some people are not satisfied with filming work. Is this problem belongs to the product?

I guess the point is that springs by themselves are fine for dealing with a certain kind of motion, ie. when the camera is not meant to be changing height and only the person is going up and down a bit. This is relying on the inertia of the camera head and an even sinusoidal motion of the carrier up and down. All other kinds of motion will require dampers (shock absorbers) to be added for best results, especially if the camera is changing height. Regardless, this proposed system should be better than nothing once the operator gets used to it. 

Agreed. Where's the " epic fail " then?

Exactly how do you account for the huge discrepancy in footage from the earlier reviews? Are you certain that the later footage is not stabilized in post?

1. He only posted a 1080p video when 4k is 4× the size of HD footage. That leaves a lot of room for cropping.  

2. He's using a fisheye lens. Not wild about the fisheye aesthetic.

Hmm. From the only users' review on b&h:

Very cheap materials. The handles are hollow. The fasteners feel like they will break at any moment. There are no instructions on how to setup or balance (not even online). Their website is useless. We didn't even have the opportunity to use it since we were helpless as soon as we opened the box. Sad because it seemed to have potential.

That last video does make it look pretty darn good.  It's definitely back on the radar for me.  Awaiting more reviews.

Exactly how do you account for the huge discrepancy in footage from the earlier reviews? Are you certain that the later footage is not stabilized in post?

1. He only posted a 1080p video when 4k is 4× the size of HD footage. That leaves a lot of room for cropping.  

2. He's using a fisheye lens. Not wild about the fisheye aesthetic.

I don't think Benjamin Von Wong would have any incentive to crop or stabilize in post to make it look better.  He's a well-regarded photographer/vlogger/instructor and seems to just be giving his honest assessment.  

Hmm. From the only users' review on b&h:

Very cheap materials. The handles are hollow. The fasteners feel like they will break at any moment. There are no instructions on how to setup or balance (not even online). Their website is useless. We didn't even have the opportunity to use it since we were helpless as soon as we opened the box. Sad because it seemed to have potential.

Funny... they didn't use it at all. But, to be the first "users" to post a review they were the first ones...!

Phew : P

• 2 weeks later...