RX100 IV (and RX10 II by default) got DXOMarked

Brian Williams

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

http://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-IV-sensor-review-Performance-stacked-in-favor

Score is up 3 points from previous RX100's to a 70- on par with the Canon 7D II and orig 5D.

I love my MarkIV, glad to see it being recognized for the awesome sensor that it has. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 12.52.45 PM.png

It is only poor in low light. Which is fine, frankly considering how tiny the sensor is compared to a full frame or even a M4/3rd.

I am curious. The Log range starts at ISO800 and has noise by ISO1600. Am I correct? Amd it has 3 ND Filter Settings?

It is only poor in low light. Which is fine, frankly considering how tiny the sensor is compared to a full frame or even a M4/3rd.

I am curious. The Log range starts at ISO800 and has noise by ISO1600. Am I correct? Amd it has 3 ND Filter Settings?

It has only one ND setting, that being on/off; the ND filter is rated for 3 stops, though, if thats what you mean.

At 1600, there may be some noise, but nothing that seems unreasonable or surprising; I mean, at 1600, you're already getting pretty high up there in ISO. Coming from my old A7s which started at 1600 in sLog, starting here at 800 is much more manageable. My video above was ISO800 I'm sure, with ND filter on, probably shot at a higher shutter speed, like 1/250 or something, not the usual 1/50 that I would've preferred.

Still has rolling shutter when shooting 4k (as you can see in my video in some spots), but at 1080 rolling shutter really is absent.

Coming from my old A7s which started at 1600 in sLog, starting here at 800 is much more manageable. My video above was ISO800 I'm sure, with ND filter on, probably shot at a higher shutter speed, like 1/250 or something, not the usual 1/50 that I would've preferred.

After reading Andrew's newest post about the Mark IV, I went back to check my rx100 and sure enough he's right, I've got my numbers all wrong here- my old A7s started at ISO3200 for sLog2, and the RX100 starts at ISO1600... so my video above is at ISO1600.

sLog2 by default is noisier than others, but not necessarily in a bad way.