Improve your pocket 4k videos!

Lift-Up

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice!! Are you the dev of this app?

I think you can get a great feedback here!!

We would love to help projects like that!

Nokker if you are the developer of this great app, could you please tell me all themobil devices compatible with this app. I was unable to find it on the app info. 

Thanks in advance. 

Holy shit this really shows how far technology has come already.

That 'cinematic' holiday video looks fantastic. Stunning even, when you think about it. It's a bloody phone which most people carry in their pocket everyday.

It's way more detailed than my Panasonic GH3. Much higher resolution, almost no aliasing... It's unbelievably good. The dynamic range doesn't even seem to be that much fewer either, maybe 2 stops at most. The only thing missing is depth of field and long lenses. If that could be digitally achieved, then everyone has a cinematic tool with them at hand.

Exciting but scary at the same time for us videographers and cameramen.

I wonder what the difference between Mobile Phone Cameras and DSLRs will be in terms of quality, once they run similar bitrates, have similar processing power and have similar codecs. I feel apps like this on the right phones can seriously narrow down the gap. And maybe the answer will very surprising considering how much smaller mobile phone sensors are. 

They can do similar bitrates and codecs. My phone is way behind in dynamic range because of the tiny sensor, even after raising the bitrate to very high levels. I have a feeling that the Samsung S6 Edge is a big step up just from playing with it in the store. This app is incompatible with my Oppo Find 7a; would of been nice to see what the flat profile could have squeezed out if it.

Not all 5.1.1 ROMs support Camera2 API, which I presume this app uses. Many of the features you mentioned likely require the ROM to have that API implemented. 

wish this would work on my note 3, lame :unamused:

i can upgrade my phone anytime, planning on a note 4 or 5, is the Camera2 API the dealbreaker here? ill search it out

Here is a new clip made by Cinema 4K app and Galaxy S6.

summer holiday video was sicc!!! are you the developer nokker??

• Super Members

The supported phones should be the SG6 and SG6 Edge as well as the HTC M9. Atleast those are the once announced at MWC15, don't remember if there where others of the lesser known brands. 

This is good stuff. I've been swinging both Windows Phone and Android for a few years and the Lumias have always had manual controls and such built in. It's great that the Android is catching up and I can let other things than the camera be the deciding factor of witch to bring when I go places. 

They can do similar bitrates and codecs. My phone is way behind in dynamic range because of the tiny sensor, even after raising the bitrate to very high levels. I have a feeling that the Samsung S6 Edge is a big step up just from playing with it in the store. This app is incompatible with my Oppo Find 7a; would of been nice to see what the flat profile could have squeezed out if it.

I don't know why, but I feel it is not the sensor size that may be the issue. Atleast not for video (everything else being similar). Also for stills, the Nokia Pureview was insane with downsized filed comparable with DSLRs (in stills).

I know this is Pure cheeky, but I feel a Log Profile will nail it completely. I know Sony (and I am sure the other guys too) Sensors have Raw capabilities and one of the Sony sensors does full res at 30p (at God know what bitrate). I wonder if such a sensor can be made to do 10-bit or 8-bit 4-2-2 kindda vlog video? If it can, then I imagine a lot of DSLRs and point and shoot never really leaving the house. ;-)

Hi Guys,

Yes, you are right. I am the developer of the Cinema 4K app.

I have started this development, because of the limitations of the built in camera app. I have also tried other apps for 4K video recording, but at the end I decided to write my own.

I have tested it on an LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6. On LG G4 the AE lock is not working and  - because of the weaker CPU - the 4K recording sometimes drops frames when other apps are running in the background. On the Galaxy S6 there is no SD card option, however I could attach an external storage over OTA and configure the app to record there. Works good.

Cinema 4K relies on the Camera2 API. This is quite new in Android and unfortunately not too many manufacturers implemented it on their phones. It also requires Lollipop (5.0) Android version. The Google Play Store automatically selects the available devices for download the app based on the OS. This might be the reason Note 3 is not listed. I will try to set this manually if possible.

Thanks for starting this forum and your valuable feedback. I am planning to add some new features in the future, but at the same same time I would like to keep the app as simple as possible and not to overload. The main idea is to get the maximum quality from the camera and later on you can edit it on PC/Mac environment.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gabor

Hi Guys,

I have started this development, because of the limitations of the built in camera app. I have also tried other apps for 4K video recording, but at the end I decided to write my own.

I have tested it on an LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6. On LG G4 the AE lock is not working and  - because of the weaker CPU - the 4K recording sometimes drops frames when other apps are running in the background. On the Galaxy S6 there is no SD card option, however I could attach an external storage over OTA and configure the app to record there. Works good.

Cinema 4K relies on the Camera2 API. This is quite new in Android and unfortunately not too many manufacturers implemented it on their phones. It also requires Lollipop (5.0) Android version. The Google Play Store automatically selects the available devices for download the app based on the OS. This might be the reason Note 3 is not listed. I will try to set this manually if possible.

Thanks for starting this forum and your valuable feedback. I am planning to add some new features in the future, but at the same same time I would like to keep the app as simple as possible and not to overload. The main idea is to get the maximum quality from the camera and later on you can edit it on PC/Mac environment.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gabor

You are doing some great work. Respect..

Hi Guys,

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gabor

Awesome Gabor!!! What an impressive app amazing work!!!!!!! :d

I was able to successfully download and install Cinema 4k on my Note 3 here in the US but when I launched the app it said "device not supported" or something to that effect. tried it a couple times. do you think it would work ok on a Note 5, as it shares camera features with the S6?

v cool work!!!!!

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Would love to test/review it on my Note 3. The camera 4K capability a processor power should be enough to handle these tweaks and there's a card slot, I have high-end UHS micro SDs I use on the gh4 for 4K video.

Not upgrading my phone soon since it does everything I need fully, unfortunately! I hope support can be expanded to the Note 3.

nokker, great work! Im doing what I can to let people know about your app! You deserve it!

That is a great forum to discuss it. Its one of the best places for video enthusiasts.

One question: what is the difference between the noise reduction options? Specially the normal vs the high quality

Another one: do you think that is possible to implement some RAW burst shots to create small videos? In 1080p or higher resolutions I dont know. I remember that my old Nikon V1 could take 30fps RAW pictures for like 2 seconds. It was nice for some creative videos. Im pretty sure that the hardware from the S6 is capable of that, but I dont know if there are software limitations.

One suggestion: I get the best results when I expose for the highlights and then I recover the shadows in post. The new Premiere Pro CC 2015 is perfect for that. I can recover A LOT of shadow details when shooting at 200Mbps. I had another app that had a real time histogram. Its a great tool since the phone screen has a lot of contrast and tends to blow out some highlights when they are actually not blown out. If possible, it would be a great feature!

Hi Guys,

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gabor

That sucks about the Android 5.0 requirement, was gonna test it on the samsung NX Android camera, might have been a new dark horse !