Attaching Filters to Isco-Gottingen

Bear Hanrahan

Hi,

I just recently bought an Isco-Gottingen Cinelux Anamorphic MC 2x lens, and I have it attached to a Helios 44-2 using a Vid Atlantic Lens clamp.  I'm using all this with my Canon 60D.

I've been getting some super awesome images using this, but I'm having some struggles with the 2 meter minimum focus distance. I've been looking over the threads for diopters and doing lots of research but I'm having a difficult time finding affordable diopters in the size I need.

I just have a couple of questions;

1. Where can I find 4.5" +0.5 diopters?

2. I have found cheaper smaller filters that could fit on the lens I have my Isco attached to. Would it work to sandwhich a diopter between the two lenses? Or would that just magnify the inside of the Isco?

3. Is there a way to use Screw on filters, or do I just need to use mattebox filters?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good idea to glue adapter right on the lens! I never would have thought of that.

Do you have a link where I might find the ring?

All rings are available from eBay, step up or down one should work.  The glue is better to use hot melt glue, getting it with the gun from digikey.  That way you can easily remove it.