Any good reviews on RX10MK2?

Ak Ns

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Its been a month this camera is in market haven't found detailed and low light plus HFR video quality review!

Although i am waiting for Andrew review on it, plz fellows post some videos and article about RX10ii. thank you.

I had to send mine back to the Sony shop as couldn't get the slow-mo in focus half the time due to a bug.

Apart from that was great

Review is written but didn't shoot as much nice footage as I'd liked to have, which has made the edit a difficult chore in the midst of a lot of other interesting stuff to be doing, hence the delay

Wolf33d maybe you could crack the whip over my back a bit more, I am your unpaid slave after all.

Review is written but didn't shoot as much nice footage as I'd liked to have, which has made the edit a difficult chore in the midst of a lot of other interesting stuff to be doing, hence the delay

Wolf33d maybe you could crack the whip over my back a bit more, I am your unpaid slave after all.

Hey Andrew,

the fun part IS your footage. And I don´t say that for trying to play it nicely to you. Seriously, you got a nice down to earth approach, and it´s very classical. Only one time

I didnt feel exited when you approached a camera and that was the FZ1000. Not my taste of grading and colors.

But for instance your 5DIII RAW vs GH4 video was killer. Also, all your GH2 stuff. Liked you original version of the Bladerunner vid better than Shian Storm´s

graded one. Though Shian´s GH4 music video done in Cine D!! looks absolutely killer!

Your clear footage, not too over the top graded, is beautiful. Just had to say that, cuz your forum/place keeps me exited.

Also, since I´m an Eastgerman and so not shy of pathos (don´t know if that would be an Eastgerman sterotype anyhow:), great guys like the humble maxotics,

the wild child Aaron Chicago and the mystical Andy Lee are great characters to get a narrative out of! Oh, forgot the rocker rocker Oliver Daniel!

By the way, how and what is Andy doing? And, very happy, maxotics is back!

cheers and sorry for spilling all the honey, it´s a mess now:)

Yes man i got one recently. But i am entirely new to Slog and sony system. Thought i could learn something :) from others.

I used it the other day to get some pick up shots for a music video. Shot in Slog.... It's the same old story you will hear over and over. Very yellow, kind of ill-looking Homer Simpson skintones, lots of tweaking required but achievable. 

HOWEVER - mess with the Slog profile (lots of resources online) and Slog becomes something quite beautiful. Still, grading after is key. Filmconvert, Impulz and the like are your friend. 

Everything is cool with this little guy. Battery life isn't the best, peaking could be better - but hey - it's a great tool in the bag. Highly recommended. 

If Sony really wants to solve all these color complaints, here's what they do.

Start including S-LOG 3 instead of S-LOG 2 and SGamut3.cine instead of SGamut. Boom. Problem solved. Apply the R709 Type A LUT in Resolve and get damn close to Alexa colors. 

http://www.dvinfo.net/article/acquisition/sonyxdcam/sony_sgamut_vs_sgamut3.html
https://vimeo.com/96696423

If Sony really wants to solve all these color complaints, here's what they do.

Start including S-LOG 3 instead of S-LOG 2 and SGamut3.cine instead of SGamut. Boom. Problem solved. Apply the R709 Type A LUT in Resolve and get damn close to Alexa colors. 

http://www.dvinfo.net/article/acquisition/sonyxdcam/sony_sgamut_vs_sgamut3.html
https://vimeo.com/96696423

Thanks for this, very good read.

What doest it mean an ISO in sports mode? does it apply to genral [all kinds of] shooting ?

thanks in advance. 

Bildschirmfoto-2015-08-26-um-18.34.06.png

Publishing mine today, merely to make people stop cracking the whip.

its been 6 days Andrew. I have checked EOSHD like 100 times from then. sorry if i am too interested.