Upscaling D5200 720p footage to 1080 in Premiere Pro?

Dustin

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a d5200 that shoots 720p 60fps footage and I'm curious what is the best workflow for upscaling it on a 24fps- 1080p timeline in Premiere Pro CC? So sorry if this has already been answered, please point me to the right direction! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Dustin,

Just drop your footage in the timeline, and then right click>scale to frame size

If you want your footage to have a 40% slow motion effect (a lot of the time when shooting in 60fps this is the intention) right click on the footage in your project window and follow modify>interpret footage and then change the frame rate to 24.

Hi Dustin,

Just drop your footage in the timeline, and then right click>scale to frame size

If you want your footage to have a 40% slow motion effect (a lot of the time when shooting in 60fps this is the intention) right click on the footage in your project window and follow modify>interpret footage and then change the frame rate to 24.

I appreciate this! One more question... I have seen the d5200 forum on EOSHD, and the review where Andrew mentioned how he shot his footage. I recently shot a Vacation/Road Trip Video of sorts using his recommended profile for the camera. He mentioned he raised the blacks in post, what does this mean? Raising the output level of the blacks on something like fast color corrector? Thanks!