More C300 mk II samples

Jimmy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Darn. First one looks stunning! For 15.000 it better does:) Seems like it´s still a big load of money differentiating the high end picture from the prosumer tech.

@Aaron, how close could you get with the C100 II of yours, regarding color and the kinda airy feel of the picture?

I know it´s not a 15stops camera. Wouldnt know if the picture even demanded the full range of 15 stops though.

What I find interesting is the highend fashion look of some parts of video 1 and 3... I could see this becoming the DSMC system that Red always dreamed of (maybe C500 mk II will be higher resolution, to really nail it).

Canon colours and 15 stops = swoon

$15k is alot, but the dual pixel focus, very high DR, very high ISO in a small, lightweight camera checks alot of boxes. So, so tempted, if it had 4K/60p I would have pressed buy now already.

BTW - first video is mostly using face detection AF.

Darn. First one looks stunning! For 15.000 it better does:) Seems like it´s still a big load of money differentiating the high end picture from the prosumer tech.

@Aaron, how close could you get with the C100 II of yours, regarding color and the kinda airy feel of the picture?

I know it´s not a 15stops camera. Wouldnt know if the picture even demanded the full range of 15 stops though.

This is from my new C100 Mk II ... just exploring color and exposure so nothing cinematic.

As I do these for myself the music is not common domain ... and I will pull this at days end.

So... Password : daysend

https://vimeo.com/135901284

Allowed the highlights to blow out to see how gracefully they rolled off ... or not.

Same Password : daysend

https://vimeo.com/135816943

Bob

I'll be shooting a couple of music videos with it at the end of the month. I'm still learning how to get the best looking footage out of it. Purely based off of eyeball test I can tell the C300 II looks a little more cinematic with the DR. I'm betting the colors are pretty close with the C100 though.

These images look awesome for commercial shoots, TV, and docs. But I don't prefer it for a cinematic look. I will be interested to see what raw looks like with this camera. Do we know if anyone has tried this yet?

That's a strange thing to say. I think Canon color science takes a lot of cues from film. Now of course these promotional videos are all graded so they are more representative of the colorist's inclination than anything.

Any of these could be shot on Alexa (or even film) and still not look cinematic.

Cinematic is more about camera movement, shot composition, sound etc. From what I have seen of the C300 mk II, I have no doubt that it would have no issues on a hollywood set, even as an A cam.

• 3 weeks later...