A7Rii Overheating Problem Solved

DBounce

It's not the cards. It's Sony packing tech into cute little packages that can't adequately dissipate the heat. They knew what would happen, but after crunching the numbers, determined that it's still a win for them. I think the question a lot of us are curios to know is if A7sii do the same?

As far as possible to understand, yes. The heat comes from the processing for 4K recording and the compact design, not the sensor.

• 3 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That's not going to help, the sensor is on top of PCB and other material (plastic and metal alloy), they all have poor heat conductivity, attaching a heatsink will not dissipate heat.

If you say so buddy... But you might want to read the article below:
https://***URL not allowed***/sony-a7s-ii-firmware-update-3-0-stops-4k-overheating-issues/

The firmware update increased the temperature threshold for overheat protection.

Completely irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

And you know this how? Erhh, second thoughts have fun fixing what ain't broke. I'll prefer to focus on actually using the gear. All the best.