Iscorama 54 Pocket Doc Sample

Bioskop.Inc

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm on holiday and therefor had to watch the clip on my ipad. The bmpcc with 54 and tokina is a great combo! This is my favourite zoom lens with the Iscorama 54. i like the atmosphere and the colors as well. There is not much to critisize especially not from my side as I am not a pro. maybe some grain could add something to the atmo (like the vinyl crackle)? For my taste there is a little bit too much shallow depth. I' d prefer a more dirty 16mm film style. Otherwise you did a great job so far and I would really really like to see the finished doc (i am also into the music as well)!:d

I'm on holiday and therefor had to watch the clip on my ipad. The bmpcc with 54 and tokina is a great combo! This is my favourite zoom lens with the Iscorama 54. i like the atmosphere and the colors as well. There is not much to critisize especially not from my side as I am not a pro. maybe some grain could add something to the atmo (like the vinyl crackle)? For my taste there is a little bit too much shallow depth. I' d prefer a more dirty 16mm film style. Otherwise you did a great job so far and I would really really like to see the finished doc (i am also into the music as well)!:d

Thanks,

Yep the Tokina/54 combo is certainly a great partnership, but I really like the Mir 24M too (the majority of the shots).

Shallow DOF is really down to circumstances, rather than anything else - natural light & Diopters really dictated the look of this section.

Will upload a new better coloured version, soon - started to get the hang of really adding back the colour with BM footage.

The doc will be in 4 sections, all with different looks & the final one has a dirty s8/s16 type feel to it, which really works but am fearing compression hell will ruin it.

The doc will be in 4 sections, all with different looks & the final one has a dirty s8/s16 type feel to it, which really works but am fearing compression hell will ruin it.

Looks ace man!

- I've found that if you feed Vimeo an upscale resolution of 2560x1440 or equiv, the re-compress down to 1080 by Vimeo seems to be less harsh.

I think it tricks Vimeo's encoder into upping the bit rate quality, as it 'detects' that the source is higher than full HD - when in reality it is not, simply upscaled.

Worth doing a clip test and see if it works for you...it works great from my past experiments.

Looks ace man!

- I've found that if you feed Vimeo an upscale resolution of 2560x1440 or equiv, the re-compress down to 1080 by Vimeo seems to be less harsh.

I think it tricks Vimeo's encoder into upping the bit rate quality, as it 'detects' that the source is higher than full HD - when in reality it is not, simply upscaled.

Worth doing a clip test and see if it works for you...it works great from my past experiments.

Sweet! I thought that was the case & by chance i have a version that is 2k - going to try this ASAP.

Cheers Hans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys, its been a bit of a nightmare (bands can be a bit difficult sometimes), but go there in the end!

Yes Hans, the title sequence is a little too long, but we agreed on me creating a Homage to Saul Bass & Psycho - over indulgence by me, but they're cool with it. Did try to get some vistas from Cabot Tower, but my Vertigo made the footage un-usable.

If you're wondering about the titles then just google "Psycho Title sequence" - they're the inspiration.

Why Black, Grey & White titles with some colour footage? Well I wanted the whole doc in B&W, but I kinda lost that battle - partly due to the studio section & the final graveyard section; they just looked too good in colour.