RX100 as Gopro replacement

Zach Ashcraft

Hey all. Going to pick up an RX100 iv this week, I think. I had the version 1 back when it came out, and loved how it enabled me to be more creative in my camera placement. 

I'm wanting to mount it to a number of objects to get that cool POV/object in use angle, though I'm not sure whats out there in the way of rigging. I know gopros have the benefit of their propiatary mounts and clamps. Does anyone have experience with various small mounts, clamps, bits and pieces with a camera such as this? Specifically I'm wanting to mount it to a variety of rifles at work. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've been looking at doing the same thing using a 1/4 20 tripod mount for GoPro attachments. So you can take advantage of the massive amount of mounts available for GoPro's instead of trying to rig stuff for a small camera. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1061157&gclid=CjwKEAjwxYGuBRCtoqjkrIPDqDwSJAAnd-rCDRusmy-75s_qJdx0sM86zDCykxLPiTrWCH2njh2wWBoC-CHw_wcB&is=REG&A=details&Q=

With the amount of rolling shutter the RX100 IV has even in 1080p mode, I don't think you're going to get good results with it strapped go-pro style to someone's head or chest. The lens isn't that wide. 

I prefer to mount it to objects which stay static in the frame as the camera moves. Cant stand the look of head/chest mounted stuff

Genius, had no idea this existed. Thanks for the link!

I stumbled across that totally by accident when I was looking for a suction cup mount for my a5100. I have a bunch of GoPro mounts and though I should make a standard mount that has a GoPro mount connection. BAM! My million dollar idea! A few seconds googling revealed buying an island with a wave of GoPro accessory cash wasn't in my future.