Hands on with the Sony A7R II

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You buying/rent one Ed? Your A7s SLOG2 tests were redonk good.

No, I spent way too much already this year on cameras.   I own 12 cameras.  Saving up for a Joker 1600. Lighting and lenses and grading at this point matter more than camera choice.  They are all about the same by now.  Some handle highlight info better than others - but the easier way to improve ones imagery is with glass and lighting and learning how to grade or working with a good colorist.  

It's a new era of digital cameras.

No, I spent way too much already this year on cameras.   I own 12 cameras.  Saving up for a Joker 1600. Lighting and lenses and grading at this point matter more than camera choice.  They are all about the same by now.  Some handle highlight info better than others - but the easier way to improve ones imagery is with glass and lighting and learning how to grade or working with a good colorist.  

It's a new era of digital cameras.

Cool. Doing one-man docs I've got the added cost of sound to start thinking about before a big solo shoot next year in London, but I think we all know the lens+lights mindset is the healthiest mindset to have right now regarding gear. I recently tried out some vintage glass for small money and was kinda blown away by how much character it adds to footage.

Either way, would be stoked to see a few more random creatives projects from you, really enjoyed your short little dog narrative in NY a while back.