Looking for a 120FPS camera with a decent sensor

Shield3

Andrew, could you do a comparison between RX100 MKIV/RX 10II and Nx1 ? It seems that would be a great article :d

Lol I've been waiting for over a week now for the rx10ii review! We're going to have to give the man some time now that he's fallen in love with the a7Rii :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Congrats on the NX1. Great camera. That F2 zoom is good too.

Get EditReady for $50 and it is pretty painless.

RX100 IV overheating mainly in 4K on long shoots, not a problem in the 1080/120fps/240fps modes so far for me.

I have used the RX100 IV as a 1080p camera more than a 4K one. It has the best 1080p of anything I've ever used. Like an FS7 but smaller sensor and 1/8th the price.

Yes that 1" sensor does give you a bit of a flat image at times but S-LOG helps make it look cinematic if you're good at grading. Really helps get rid of the 'video' look to highlights, better dynamic range, smoother roll off, etc. Digital Bolex also has a Super 16mm sensor but it looks cinematic as hell because of the colour, grain, texture, so it is not all about shallow DOF and you have your 1D C for that anyway :)

My footage from the RX10 II and RX100 IV is coming soon... it doesn't look like camcorder footage!

I'll be interested to see how you get on with AF on the NX1. It is occasionally magic but mostly unreliable and doesn't do what you expect given the specs. Same with the RX10 II and RX100 IV though, continuous AF is really quite terrible in movie mode and HFR, but not as disastrous as it would be on a larger sensor like Super 35mm.... so approach with caution I'd say.

Got the NX1 in today.  Updated to latest firmware and I'm shooting video in the WideDR profile.  The AF in video mode is great in good light; not great otherwise.  I set the AF ON button to toggle AF on and off  - this way I can stop it during recording.  I think the 120p 1080 is fantastic - my 120p looks as good as the FS700 I rented IMO.  I am however trying to figure out a way to punch in while recording.  I have the grip + a 2nd battery.  One thing that is baffling me is speed of the SD card.  I have an old "Extreme" 95 MB/s card and it says it's too slow for 4k recording.  My newer, el cheapo cards are rolling right along.  Makes 0 sense to me.