NX1 won't take pics on drone!?!

tombrown1

Been flying the NX1 (latest fw) for a week or so now, and decided to take her up for some pictures. 

Put it on timelapse for every 3 seconds to take 600 shots.  No problem, right? 

Connect the HDMI cable for video out (so we can see what the hell we're doing from the ground) and timelapse is suddenly unavailable.

So I had a chat with Samsung chat support, and they told me what I already knew, which is that you can't use timelapse while using hdmi out.  And they didn't have any other ideas for how I could take pics in the air. 

This is the second head-scratching problem I've had with this camera (the first was the thing automatically reverting to CAF when pressing record for video).  Love the video of this camera, but if I can't take pics from it, then I'll probably need to sell it.  VERY frustrated with this thing right now.....

Any ideas? 

Best,

Tom

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You totally got conned at that price! I don't see anything in that cable that would put it above $5-8 tops.

If you can find it cheaper I'll take it. 

Should this "you can't use timelapse while using hdmi out" be a problem? Have no idea.

This thing is a dream to fly on a drone - can't think of another camera at this weight with these features.  On a drone you always need to have hdmi out for the ground video feed.  Thus, crippling features while using hdmi out is a problem. 

Nowadays cameras have so many features, not always working 100% that it is a mess to buy one and know that it will work in your application!!! You could point a cheap camera to the LCD of the Samsung and feed that to Video TX... 

Actually not a bad idea - not ideal though.  I'm going to try the Gentles gadget I linked to above - if that doesn't work we may need to try your idea. 

Best,

Tom