Magic Bullet Looks or Film Convert?

Eduardo Portas

Hello everyone,

I use FCPX to edit, color correct and grade, but I feel a lot of time is wasted with its native toolset to achieve a "look".

Seeing that MB Looks now includes a similar feature to Film Convert called "Magic Bullet Film", does it 

make financial sense to spend a little bit more and get the MB?

I would like to know your experiences.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you are just looking for better tools I think Color Finale for 99$ is worth a look. They also have free trials. I think it's easier and faster to use CF combined with native FCPX tools but it depends on your needs and skills I guess. Sorry, I don't have any experience with the FC or MB.

FYI, I'm just a newbie..

ImpulZ LUTs are nice too. You can buy them in a bundle with LUT Utility (an FCPX plugin). I'm not sure if they've been bundled with their newer product Color Finale yet. I installed the trial of Finale, it has slightly better options for managing lots of LUTs, compared to the older LUT Utility. You get film grain clips too with ImpulZ. 

I would go for Magic Bullet Looks !
More expensive but more versatile in my opinion.

It's an all-in-one tool, you will have more fun to play with it, it's perfect to start.
And there are a lot of tutorials on Youtube about how-to-use, like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78NI-nL4o0

What you can do with Film Convert or Color Finale, you can do it with Magic Bullet Looks.
Also in Magic Bullet Looks you have the scopes, and it can be really helpful :)