Anamorphic Oval Bokeh test

syberfilm

I shot this with an Panasonic LA-7200 and a 105mm canon close up filter. The lens was a nikon 58mm F/1.2 and the Canon 60D.

It was very dark and had almsot no light. It did not help that I was filming an African in this enviroment. I was mainy trying to get good oval bokeh with the 2.40 aspect ratio. Some people were hating on this footage but I thought for a total night shot with no light at all it came out decent. Let me know your thoughts. Or if you have any other ways of getting oval bokeh with your anamorphic lenses,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvCxczbx-g&list=UUWP0QQ1jKe0-usGLAXIZTIw&index=1&feature=plcp[/media]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I don't know the strength. I bought the 105mm Close up filter on ebay. They use to sale on B&H for $2,300 US. But I got it for $350, It actually just fits into the plastic lip f the LA-7200 and stays in place without any adapter or tape. They are getting very hard to find now that I posted about them in an anmorphic forum a few years ago. You can still find the 77 and 72mm closeup fitlers and they do jsut as good. but you need to hold them in place with something. Also they tend to vignette with wider lenses but the 105mm does not.

I like the footage as well. but some people said it looked like crap and it was not sharp.. If you watch at 1080p and a good monitor it loks great to me.

here is a link to see what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j7XL_u_pCg&list=UUWP0QQ1jKe0-usGLAXIZTIw&index=2&feature=plcp

So you must be [b][i]jaecjaec[/i][/b] over on Personal-View. If that's true, I've spent a lot of hours scouring eBay because of that post of yours. I finally scored a 105mm +0.3 diopter recently. It's opening up all kinds of new possibilities on the LA7200, so thank you for that.

What's the minimum focus distance with your diopter? It might be the same as mine.

No [b][i]jaecjaec[/i][/b] just used my video.

I can get as close as 18 inches with this diopter. One advantage the canon 105cl filter has is it reduces the minimum focus distance. If I ever see one for sale I will post in here so someone can get it..

I started doing anamorphic about 15 years ago. It just got popular again because of the DSLR revolution. But I have been using it since the days of the Sony VR-1000.

At 50mm, you shouldn't need 105mm coverage from the close up, but I agree, it's nice how it fits into the hood. I've chopped the hood off my LA7200 as I use a 14/2.5 and the 14-42 mFT kit lens on it, and it vignettes with it on. I can't remember the exact focal length, but my 72mm tokina 0.4 and cokin +1 work at around 25-30mm.

Oh, and I like your video that you posted, great use of the LA7200.

That footage is really nice. But where to find a 105mm close up? I found a really really old 82mm close up set, but it still vigenettes on my LA7200. It barely fits my 25mm Leica on my GH2, but I can't use it for my 5dmkIII under 50mm. And none of my Canon zooms work with the LA7200. I have to find some old primes with small barrels to get it to work. BTW I have the Cokin P101 and P102, but the plastic is only 77mm and vigenettes. Where to find large close up filters??